PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   MetroPCS Web and MMS on PPC-6800 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35825)

rick75204 08-27-2008 12:25 AM

MetroPCS Web and MMS on PPC-6800

Can someone help me to get my MMS and internet working on my Alltel PPC-6800. It is already on MetroPCS with the real ESN. I've looked everywhere and try everything but still no luck. BTW, I am in the Dallas Market.

fred_dj 08-27-2008 02:18 AM

Re: MetroPCS Web and MMS on PPC-6800

How did you get the REAL esn on to metropcs??
MMS is Not possible yet, but for the Internet create a NEW NETWORK, Start > Settings > Connections

Create a new one, Using Cell Line, Number to dial is #777
User ID is you 10 digit phone number @mymetropcs.com and password is metropcs.
Than edit you proxy servers to HTTP > wap.metropcs.net

and use port 3128 that's it. it should work. But i really want to know how did you activate your phone with metro...

rick75204 08-27-2008 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fred_dj (Post 395404)
MMS is Not possible yet, but for the Internet create a NEW NETWORK, Start > Settings > Connections

and use port 3128 that's it. it should work. But i really want to know how did you activate your phone with metro...

I tried this but I get "YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD IS WRONG"

used everything like you said - sock was filled in with wap.metropcs.net but port 80 so I tried id and nothing - I changed it to 3128 aswell and nothing

As far as how I got the ESN on Metro: I went to a local guy in Dallas (funny thing is he is not a MetroPCS Store). MetroPcs charges $35 for MetroFlash instead he charges $50 - but you have to program your phone yourself. He just puts the ESN in.

Does Anyone know how to get Web and MMS???

fred_dj 08-27-2008 10:46 AM

wait, do you have INTERNET activated on your account?? do you have the $45 or the $ 50 plan? that could be it!

rick75204 08-27-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fred_dj (Post 395613)
wait, do you have INTERNET activated on your account?? do you have the $45 or the $ 50 plan? that could be it!

I have the $45 plan

fred_dj 08-28-2008 12:27 AM

Hum, it should work.... try deleting all connections, and then under MY WORK NETWORK, create a modem connection ( once again ) #777, xxxxxxxxxx@mymetropcs.net Username, metropcs password. Still doesnt work? try password Blank. If still doesnt work, do you know how to get to EPST ? by dialing ##778# ( i think ) or running EPST.exe from My Device/Windows. ( you need to know your 6 digit passcode, it is usually 000000. If not you have to research here how to find your number. In case you get into the EPST, Choose EDIT and go thru all the lines of configuration under all tabs and check if you have you phone number right , and also if there's any line there that has something about Verizon or sprint. Like server configurations, etc. Check every detail just to make sure. Go to the COROLADA home page www.corolada.com/prl download the 00023 PRL from metro pcs , save it in your SD card and update your PRL ( under the PRL Tab inside EPST, CLick and Hold over the PRL file, choose edit, than browse the 00023 that you saved, updated and then restart. try it again. Worst case scenario, you cannot enter EPST, try dialing *228 choose option 2 ( update roaming capabilities ) and see if it works. Try at least 4 times in a row. Mine doesnt work at all, but some people here got it working. That's all I can think right now man, good luck. keep posting

rick75204 08-28-2008 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fred_dj (Post 396524)
Hum, it should work.... try deleting all connections, and then under MY WORK NETWORK, create a modem connection ( once again ) #777, xxxxxxxxxx@mymetropcs.net Username, metropcs password. Still doesnt work? try password Blank. If still doesnt work, do you know how to get to EPST ? by dialing ##778# ( i think ) or running EPST.exe from My Device/Windows. ( you need to know your 6 digit passcode, it is usually 000000. If not you have to research here how to find your number. In case you get into the EPST, Choose EDIT and go thru all the lines of configuration under all tabs and check if you have you phone number right , and also if there's any line there that has something about Verizon or sprint. Like server configurations, etc. Check every detail just to make sure. Go to the COROLADA home page www.corolada.com/prl download the 00023 PRL from metro pcs , save it in your SD card and update your PRL ( under the PRL Tab inside EPST, CLick and Hold over the PRL file, choose edit, than browse the 00023 that you saved, updated and then restart. try it again. Worst case scenario, you cannot enter EPST, try dialing *228 choose option 2 ( update roaming capabilities ) and see if it works. Try at least 4 times in a row. Mine doesnt work at all, but some people here got it working. That's all I can think right now man, good luck. keep posting

I'm on the newest PRL for EVDO phones 00068, I'll keep trying it. Thanks!

ANAGSUTIN 09-04-2008 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fred_dj (Post 395404)

HELLO...DO YOU KNOW IF I CAN GET INTERNET IN THE BLACKBERRY 8330 OR IN THE LG VX8550 CHOCOLATE 2? THANKS!!!

rick75204 09-04-2008 07:54 AM

Unfortunately you are asking the wrong person - i have not been able to get any phone to get internet or MMS working.

bossman23 09-19-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick75204 (Post 395432)
I tried this but I get "YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD IS WRONG"

used everything like you said - sock was filled in with wap.metropcs.net but port 80 so I tried id and nothing - I changed it to 3128 aswell and nothing

As far as how I got the ESN on Metro: I went to a local guy in Dallas (funny thing is he is not a MetroPCS Store). MetroPcs charges $35 for MetroFlash instead he charges $50 - but you have to program your phone yourself. He just puts the ESN in.

Does Anyone know how to get Web and MMS???

you are almost there you missed out a few settings

GO back to the proxy server and for the first one and do it exactly as i have it here
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (http)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:443 (secure wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (socks)

now for your connections

username:10 digitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com
password: metropcs

leave domain blank and you are all set. O one more thing when you go to the first connections setup where it says task and advance, go to advance and select the name you use the setting above in.Example if you leave as vzw whatever chose that one as your internet conection and do it for both. you can also rename it to metropcs. make sure you have the right prl so that it can pick up metro towers

don't forget to say thanks