PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Twins Fanatic
Pocket PC: LG G3 and HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

gspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to gspitman Send a message via Yahoo to gspitman
quality IM program

Hey folks,

just wondering if someone can suggest a reliable program for instant messaging (multiple services).

So far I've used Palringo, and I'm ok with it... but I was wondering if there was something better out there?
Old 08-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Re: quality IM program

Jivetalk/Beejive.... unquestionably the best IM program IMO
Old 08-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I actually just OEM'd Beejive if anyone wants to try in kitchen. You will find it in the PPCKitchen OEM thread in my sig in a few minutes.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Twins Fanatic
Pocket PC: LG G3 and HTC One M8
Threadstarter

gspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to gspitman Send a message via Yahoo to gspitman

Ok... just tried to install BeeJive, but the program won't even run on my Mogul, with Nexvision's hybrid ROM installed.

I used the latest Beta from their site, anyone have a stable copy?
Old 08-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

try slick from lonelycatgames. it's pretty good

Old 08-21-2008, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

How does Beejive stack up against IM+ (the other multi service client I was going to reccomend). ? Better/worse? Details? thanks!
Old 08-21-2008, 08:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

IM+ v4.58 is what I use and love it. I have used others including palringo but went back to IM+
Old 08-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Slick Messenger

Yes I have Slick Messenger in OEM form in PPCKitchen OEM thread also. Thats what I used to use, but have switched to Palringo now. I believe they both handle the same IM clients as Beejive does.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

reconboy is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to reconboy Send a message via AIM to reconboy Send a message via MSN to reconboy Send a message via Yahoo to reconboy Send a message via Skype™ to reconboy

Has anyone given Yeigo a try ? Its a multi-IM with VOIP , I have tested it and it seems to work fairly well plus Yeigo to Yeigo calls are free. This one actually works with the Mogul for the VOIP portion. They are currently have issues right now with Touch and Mogul making Landline calls if you are using Sprints network (which is who I have for service) its not making a connection through their network. Landline and Mobile calls do cost but a very low cost.

I was helping test out this program when it stopped working with the Voip on WM6.1 release, good thing is they actually write out their own Codecs that are compatable with WinMo. After they get the Outbound/Indbound to Land/Mobile fixed for sprint users they will be getting bluetooth enabled in the application.

The support from the company so far has been very outstanding, and quite responsive.

You can find it here : www.yeigo.com

Let me know what you think if you test it out....
Old 08-21-2008, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kingsfan626 is a n00b

Octrotalk is really reliable. I was able to use Voip to keep in contact with my wife when she took a trip to Taiwan.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan