PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Question What happened to Hotmail?

Ever since I got my Mogul I have had my Hotmail synced to it. Then all of a sudden it kept saying sync failed. Now when I try to reload it it wont even try to download the messages. I just takes me to hotmail.com to look at the mail from a browser. Whats the deal? Anyone else have this problem?
Old 08-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Lurker

aznbruinboy is a n00b
Re: What happened to Hotmail?

I have the same problem although it doesn't take me to the browser. I can't seem to sync with my inbox anymore although I could a month ago. Some people say removing your MSN icon on windows messenger (on your pc) but that didn't work for me at all.

Would love to see more replies on this topic!
Old 08-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sandiegodude is just getting started

mine wouldn't synnc for the past week. downnloaded the wm6.1 hotfix cab from microsoft (they knoow abbout the pproblem). took two days for it to kick in, but this morning it is syncingg again! others have been repporting the same error, recovery throughout different wm6 devices. the hotmail servers were screwed up.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Same issue here. I think it had to do with MS updating their servers. Live Hotmail on my PC was a bit buggy too. Everything is working again, though.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Issues here also. Messages wont sync as they arrive, but if i manually "send/receive" they show up just fine. Not a huge problem, but it'll be nice when it gets fixed.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RAPH100

jshell73 is just getting started

When I would softbooted mine it started receiving new mail.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice

Are you using the newest 0800 version of Live? Normally it's included in the kitchens. The live on the stock roms are usually buggy, but I believe the latest sprint rom has the correct version.

With 0800 I've never had problems syncing unless I don't have a data connection.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegodude View Post
mine wouldn't synnc for the past week. downnloaded the wm6.1 hotfix cab from microsoft (they knoow abbout the pproblem). took two days for it to kick in, but this morning it is syncingg again! others have been repporting the same error, recovery throughout different wm6 devices. the hotmail servers were screwed up.

dude please post the cab! wont wont sync at all!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Anyone else have this problem?
Old 08-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

here ya go..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=334621

you want this file

Windows Live 10.6.0034.0800 (Fixed).zip (newest version, works great on my apache as before it live had the user name field grayed out for some reason

edit: forgot to mention, in case someone does not actually go to the xda forum page, install this to main memory not your storage device or it will not work.

Last edited by omnicronx; 08-08-2008 at 12:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan