PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2008, 02:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Baby Jai is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul With Contacts

When I sync my contacts from phone to PC, it doesnt add the entries in my address book, why is this? I have it checked to sync contacts, I am running Windows Vista, any suggestions?
Old 08-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: Mogul With Contacts

pim backup,search for it to find the cab
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 08-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

do you have outlook installed on your pc along with windows mobile device center? it wont sync with windows mail or contacts has to be outlook...if so and your contacts are on pc in outlook make sure your settings for windows mobile device center is set up to replace items on device for the first run to copy everything to the device...after that change it back to replace items on pc if there is a conflict.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:26 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker View Post
pim backup,search for it to find the cab

although this is an excellent way to backup....this has nothing to do with what the OP asked...
Old 08-02-2008, 02:28 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
although this is an excellent way to backup....this has nothing to do with what the OP asked...
unless the OP doesnt have Microsoft Outlook... in which case it would be a FREE alternative !!!

another FREE alternative is DashWire !!!
Old 08-02-2008, 02:46 PM
ACSyndicate.net

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
unless the OP doesnt have Microsoft Outlook... in which case it would be a FREE alternative !!!

another FREE alternative is DashWire !!!
Most definitely Dashwire is the way to go if looking for an alternative to Outlook.....the reason I said about PIM is it is only a backup not really an alternative to Outlook unless you are just looking to B/U.....Dashwire gives you the ability, like Outlook to add, delete and edit contacts very easily...

I guess we need to know exactly what the needs of the OP are....

BTW....off topic.....I see you finally got the Avatar you wanted....I seen you playing with it the other night...lol
Old 08-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I have found that when I try to sync my contacts after a hard reset that I have to go to options and choose everything that I want to sync except for contacts. After it syncs I go back to options and select contacts. It syncs again and loads my contacts. I don't know why but my contacts will not load on the first sync. I always have to deselect contacts-> sync calender, notes, task ->then reselect contacts -> sync and it will the sync contacts.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 08-02-2008, 02:56 PM
ACSyndicate.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
I have found that when I try to sync my contacts after a hard reset that I have to go to options and choose everything that I want to sync except for contacts. After it syncs I go back to options and select contacts. It syncs again and loads my contacts. I don't know why but my contacts will not load on the first sync. I always have to deselect contacts-> sync calender, notes, task ->then reselect contacts -> sync and it will the sync contacts.
Are you using Outlook 07? Just wondering because I have the same issues and done the same fix along with some other stuff to get contacts synced....I was starting to think it was an 07 issue because I never had the problems on Outlook 03...just wondering basically....tying to isolate the issue....
Old 08-02-2008, 03:30 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
BTW....off topic.....I see you finally got the Avatar you wanted....I seen you playing with it the other night...lol
I have no idea what your talkin about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
use care with this option (esp on Vista)
here is one instance where that erased them

Quote:
Are you using Outlook 07? Just wondering because I have the same issues and done the same fix along with some other stuff to get contacts synced....I was starting to think it was an 07 issue because I never had the problems on Outlook 03...just wondering basically....tying to isolate the issue....
ive seen the issue on 2003 (still running Office 2003 cuz it's FASTER than 07 )

All in All - IMHO its still better to use PIM Backup, Dashwire, or even manually backup the PIM.vol File FIRST
and then activesync... hey two backups are better than one, right?
Old 08-02-2008, 03:47 PM
ACSyndicate.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
I have no idea what your talkin about

All in All - IMHO its still better to use PIM Backup, Dashwire, or even manually backup the PIM.vol File FIRST
and then activesync... hey two backups are better than one, right?

True...true!!!! Considering I have about 7 different backups....LOL.....gotta protect those precious contacts....I have lived and learned.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan