PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

mlblack16 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem with Sound Notifications

I have searched this for about an hour, so please don't flame if I overlooked.

I am running WM 6.1 Sprint ROM 3.56

following programs installed:
google maps
PHM Reg Edit
Opera 9.5 Beta
s2U2 (newest version-can't recall v. number)
no2chem nue LED
Handmark Express
Sprint TV
PPC Geeks VideoRecEnhancement
PPC Geeks Battery Tweaks
Spb Weather

I've done whatever bluetooth tweaks posted on this site. Actually, I've done almost every registry tweak posted..lol

Anyways, my problem is that my Mogul randomly turns off the notifications for everything except phone calls. I have recently been getting error code 1012, BUT I think that has to do with spb weather trying to update when my phone is not connected to the internet?

Are there some registry values I can check to make sure they are correct? Yesterday, my wife texted me and I didn't get it until I walked past my phone and noticed the screen back on with S2u2 showing the SMS notification. I checked the system notifications and they were all turned off, even though just an hour or so prior to this I had checked and they were set.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul/6800
Carrier: sprint

thakidc is keeping up the good workthakidc is keeping up the good work
Re: Problem with Sound Notifications

Do ou have an automatic profile tool installed or within your other software? Because thats what it sounds like is happening, does it happen at the same time/intervals every day? Sorry if this doesnt help but but they make stuff to chage from ring to silent at times/intervals.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mlblack16 is a n00b

Not that I am aware of...can you think of any names of auto profile tools? This is an annoying problem. It has me going to start>settings>sounds & notifications>notifications about every hour making sure they are still turned on.

You don't think Opera 9.5 Beta is doing this do you? I haven't found a pattern yet, but was thinking maybe opera disabled those notifications (all except phone call) while online and then it won't re-enable them??
Old 07-24-2008, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul/6800
Carrier: sprint

thakidc is keeping up the good workthakidc is keeping up the good work

I dont use Opera, but Im pretty sure it wouldnt do that. Also this is the actual notifications checkbox thats unchecking? Not just the volume slider in your start bar? If so then thats probably a deeper problem than an auto profiling tool, sorry.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mlblack16 is a n00b

yes, the box unchecks for everything except phone calls...very annoying.
perhaps a problem with the new ROM and WM6.1 update? I did it before HTC pulled the page from their downloads. I don't know if there were any problems or what is going on with that.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have been having the same thing happen to me also. I am running VetVito's black pill though.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

matty032 is keeping up the good workmatty032 is keeping up the good work

I have started having the notifications not pop up in the bottom left of the screen, nor produce a sound alert either. Since upgrading to the 3.56 ROM, from the HTC site. But it works correctly some of the time, and not the other. I have nothing installed as far as any other notifications software.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ayinde6 is keeping up the good workayinde6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblack16 View Post
I have searched this for about an hour, so please don't flame if I overlooked.

I am running WM 6.1 Sprint ROM 3.56

following programs installed:
google maps
PHM Reg Edit
Opera 9.5 Beta
s2U2 (newest version-can't recall v. number)
no2chem nue LED
Handmark Express
Sprint TV
PPC Geeks VideoRecEnhancement
PPC Geeks Battery Tweaks
Spb Weather

I've done whatever bluetooth tweaks posted on this site. Actually, I've done almost every registry tweak posted..lol

Anyways, my problem is that my Mogul randomly turns off the notifications for everything except phone calls. I have recently been getting error code 1012, BUT I think that has to do with spb weather trying to update when my phone is not connected to the internet?

Are there some registry values I can check to make sure they are correct? Yesterday, my wife texted me and I didn't get it until I walked past my phone and noticed the screen back on with S2u2 showing the SMS notification. I checked the system notifications and they were all turned off, even though just an hour or so prior to this I had checked and they were set.

I am having the same exact problem and upon further review it is definitely the Opera Beta 9.5 that is causing this problem. Not sure why but I looked at what you have running on yours and compared with mine, then I fixed my notifications ran the Opera Beta and Poof they are unchecked again. I tried it again then running other programs, but my sound and notifications stayed checked, but soon as I ran Opera Beta again...POOF they were gone again (the check marks). Not sure why this happens but seems like something we should report to Opera as a bug.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

matty032 is keeping up the good workmatty032 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayinde6 View Post
I am having the same exact problem and upon further review it is definitely the Opera Beta 9.5 that is causing this problem. Not sure why but I looked at what you have running on yours and compared with mine, then I fixed my notifications ran the Opera Beta and Poof they are unchecked again. I tried it again then running other programs, but my sound and notifications stayed checked, but soon as I ran Opera Beta again...POOF they were gone again (the check marks). Not sure why this happens but seems like something we should report to Opera as a bug.
I don't have Opera on mine. And my notifications are not reliable either.....
Old 07-24-2008, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ayinde6 is keeping up the good workayinde6 is keeping up the good work

Located on the OPERA site so they are aware of the problem:

Known issues
  • ActiveX is disabled — Flash plugins and embedded video streaming do not work.
  • Custom IME’s (like HTC’s IME) will be buggy at best, not working at worst.
  • Not multilingual build — Only English is supported. Problems with other languages (and input methods) are not unexpected.
  • Installation on memory cards may cause problems.
  • Text wraps in overview mode.
  • Main testing has been done on English HTC devices (Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch, Touch Dual, Touch Cruise, TyTN and Wizard) and Samsung i900.
  • We have got reports from some users that this build will disable the phones sounds/notifications.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan