PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

Hayabusa1300cc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Actual *DUPLICATE* of phone?

I have 2 HTC Sprint Titans on my line. The 'baby mama' and I live 700miles apart, so I can not upgrade her phone frequently and certainly can not afford for hers to mess up either.

So a few months ago I played around with my Mogul, using it as a test mule. Had it running great, no glitches. So I used my SPB Clone to duplicate the device. It worked absolutely perfect and certainly beats manually duplicating apps and such. Turned MANY MANY hours into mins.

Now the problem I have is that I setup Dashwire for both phones. Wonderful wires free, syncing method with your data available to you online. Well I noticed on her text messages section that she has my send and received txt messages on her phone. WTF?? I am talking whole conversations and such.

Maybe it was possible that somehow 'cloning' the devices, saved my 'txt routing pathway' to her phone? meaning she gets her txt and mine?

I will get her to run through her ##pst# for me and change my phone number to hers if there is any needing to be changed.

On the otherhand this wouldn't be a bad Idea to check up on a gf or whatever
btw I copyright and patent that idea incase you developers get experimental
Old 07-06-2008, 12:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

jackstraw is a n00b
Re: Actual *DUPLICATE* of phone?

Are you sure they didn't get synced together when you cloned the phone? I have 2 computers, 1 synces everything for day to day use, the other Syncs very little because it is my kitchen brewing computer. WHen I finish updating a kitchen all of my text convos are there plus some old ones that have been deleted for a long time. It drove me buggy for a while until I realized windows sync does not discriminate two of th same phones unless told to do so. So that may be what your experiencing.

What would JESUS Do?

Old 07-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

Hayabusa1300cc is a n00b

No I know exactly what you mean though.
I do not have Activesync setup to sync. I only use it to install programs. Also I am using a diff computer alltogether than when I built the Moguls. I have not had her phone in my possesion since I sent her phone to her several months ago.

These are recent txt since the last few weeks of june, including july 4th
Old 07-07-2008, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tilt, Touch
Carrier: ATT

Dashwire is keeping up the good workDashwire is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa1300cc View Post
No I know exactly what you mean though.
I do not have Activesync setup to sync. I only use it to install programs. Also I am using a diff computer alltogether than when I built the Moguls. I have not had her phone in my possesion since I sent her phone to her several months ago.

These are recent txt since the last few weeks of june, including july 4th
Sorry but we've already patented that for possible future use (or in case we get suspicious!)

Your issue is a little strange because we pull text messages from phones, we don't really restore them back. So it sounds like your text messages are showing up in her Dashwire web account because the "virtual wires" must have gotten tangled up somehow. The best thing to do would be uninstall Dashwire on both phones, and then reinstall using two different accounts. That should take away the problem. Let us know if your content continues to share after that...

Are you using the latest Dashwire Mobile client (http://m.dashwire.com)? Are you running WinMo 6.1 and want to try our latest release (http://m.dashwire.com/beta)?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan