PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: alltel ppc6800 titan

jonmel69 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how do i get 6.1 on alltel

how can i get windows 6.1 on my alltel ppc6800 please if anyone knows hoto
share the wealth please
Old 07-02-2008, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: alltel

rickyrecaro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrickyrecaro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrickyrecaro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to rickyrecaro
Re: how do i get 6.1 on alltel

this is what i did, got 6.1 and gps only difference is im running dcd 3.2.0 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21189

read it carefully (the whole thread) and it will be easy any other Q hit meup.. ill try and help you out..
Old 07-03-2008, 10:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Verizon

snake0721 is a n00b

Well, I sort of just winged it on this subject, but I got the No2 version running on mine and it was surprisiingly easy.

If I remember correctly,
I used an unlocker (olipro 2.4 , I think)
I used the "official" sprint rom
I used the No2Chem ROM

About the No2Chem, I believe I also used BuildOS to configure the rom for my alltel phone, and to actually make the "kitchen" or whatever into a functioning rom. I'm shady on this one, but I am sure you can find help somewhere on this site fo rthis part.

I also installed those in that order.

Have all 3 on your computer before you begin...

After installation of the 1st one, your phone should boot up (it will take a while) and go to a multicolored screen (I think its called the bootloader).

Get back on your computer with your phone STILL connected by USB, and run the sprint ROM install. Your phone will reboot and "eventually" get to a Windows Mobile configure screen. (Your phone will take a while to boot this time, be patient) DO NOT configure your phone. Instead, with your phone still connected to your computer, run the next rom install/update.

after this install is done and your phone boots. you should get a 6.1 boot screen, and another moment to configure. I configured my phone, let it finish loading up to the today screen, and then I rebooted one more time.

after that, the phone should be clean, shiney, and somewhat new.

Again, I am a bit shadey on the specifics, but you should be able to clear them up on this website, I gathered my information here, 98% of what's said in terms of flashing your phone is relavent to Alltel users as well.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Snake did a pretty fine job, considering he was a little worried about committing to anything. LOL, j/k...

Go to www.ppckitchen.org and download the kitchen. Read, read, read. Choose a rom. Read, read, read.

Then cook yourself up a kitchen and flash that bad boy. If you run into problems, there is absolutely, guaranteed, an answer around here somewhere. Just search and you will find it.

Good luck!
Old 07-03-2008, 11:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Verizon

snake0721 is a n00b

Oh stop, you are embraassing me!

Thanks for clearing up my foggy brained areas!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan