PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 03:04 PM
DDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
WM6.1 Official Update Scheduled in July

I learned that a update is coming out for Sprint's Mogul and Touch for WM6.1 in July. WM6.1 will have threaded text messaging, new device manager, sliding panel home screen, PTT enhancement(wouldn't count on Qchat yet), Zoom support and page overview, bluetooth auto pairing, and bluetooth phonebook access! Woo-hoo
Old 05-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

rimirele is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 Official Update Scheduled in July

Ok, I will apologize in advance for my ignorance, I just got my Mogul last week, is there any updates that I need to get for my phone?
Old 05-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sandiegodude is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimirele View Post
Ok, I will apologize in advance for my ignorance, I just got my Mogul last week, is there any updates that I need to get for my phone?
soft reset your phone and look at the bottom for the rom version. 3.35 is the latest official release I believe. then check the stickies at the top of the titan upgrades forum for the next phase.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache Helmi 6700 and Mogul 6800, Now Touch Diamond

medinatwin is becoming a great contributor

Hey Ddrake,

Where exactly did you get this info? Just curious, but looks promising! Is there a link to this info that I can read over? Im curious as to what other enhancements their making in the next release.

Thanks,
TWIN
Old 05-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag

many of us such as myself already have windows mobile 6.1 on our titan
Old 05-21-2008, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

manthony6567 is a n00b

yea but theres nothing better than an official rom alot less bugs and problems i feel very unconfortable installing a kitchen rom or any custom rom of any sort
Old 05-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

the funny thing about that is i have had less bugs with custom than i have had with official ROMS.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 05-21-2008, 09:18 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

sometimes the cooked ROMs are more stable and less bulky then the "official". As far as the new update, it wont have anything to do with PTT. To be able to use the new system, you'll have to have a independent PTT button and the Mogul has no such button.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 05-21-2008, 09:40 PM
DDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i work for Sprint, and i just had a data traing this morning. Sprint won't announce the update to the public until the time they release it so people won't call in about it. July is the target date for the software and the new windows palm. i found the price on the instinct today too, it's cheap.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
sometimes the cooked ROMs are more stable and less bulky then the "official". As far as the new update, it wont have anything to do with PTT. To be able to use the new system, you'll have to have a independent PTT button and the Mogul has no such button.
i know what you mean but that voice record button looks like a good potential ptt button if they did integrate official ptt into the mogul... that said your right, but this is my first time hearing anything about sprint adding this with the new rom... and I don't really believe its going to happen, but if it does swell. anyway for anyone who's looking for a PTT solution right now there's Palringo, works really well and is alot of fun!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan