PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2008, 10:24 AM
CyberMonkey's Avatar
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Offline
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,182
Reputation: 820
CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey
SPB Mobile Shell

How well do some of you know about SPB Mobile Shell?
I am wondering if it's possible to have my TODAY SCREEN theme background display as a background in Mobile Shell, instead of a solid color.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Nickles's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Sunny Phoenix, AZ
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 589
Reputation: 893
Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SPB Mobile Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
How well do some of you know about SPB Mobile Shell?
I am wondering if it's possible to have my TODAY SCREEN theme background display as a background in Mobile Shell, instead of a solid color.
just point your 'background image' to the file on your device.
today_'use this picture as the background', and browse for the file.
provided of course, you have your themed background saved also as a JPP file.....
__________________
Verizon xv6800 -
N00B walkthrough to ROM flashing through the Kitchen.
Click HERE.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2008, 11:10 AM
CyberMonkey's Avatar
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Offline
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,182
Reputation: 820
CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey
Re: SPB Mobile Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post
just point your 'background image' to the file on your device.
today_'use this picture as the background', and browse for the file.
provided of course, you have your themed background saved also as a JPP file.....
So in order to have the background pic be displayed in Mobile Shell, I will have to use the "use background" option in the today screen options, even if it's the same pic as the theme?

I got this as my theme:


And I want that pic to be displayed within the Mobile Shell instead of just a blank green.

And since I actually have that same pic saved on my phone, I can override the theme background with the "use this pic as background" and it will show up as the background in Mobile Shell?

Last edited by CyberMonkey; 04-16-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Nickles's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Sunny Phoenix, AZ
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 589
Reputation: 893
Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SPB Mobile Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
So in order to have the background pic be displayed in Mobile Shell, I will have to use the "use background" option in the today screen options, even if it's the same pic as the theme?

I got this as my theme:


And I want that pic to be displayed within the Mobile Shell instead of just a blank green.

And since I actually have that same pic saved on my phone, I can override the theme background with the "use this pic as background" and it will show up as the background in Mobile Shell?
you are losing me a little here. mobile shell is just a plug in that will give you laucher icons on your today screen.. there isn't a separate interface for Shell, vs. the today... so if you already have this theme installed, where else do you expect the picture to display ? isn't it already on your today screen ?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Lsme420's Avatar
The Pusher Man
Offline
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything
Location: Earth
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,672
Reputation: 1825
Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SPB Mobile Shell

I hide from all SPB products like the plague.
*Edit* Even if you didn't ask,Ha. Cyber I see your using iContacts. Try this instead I just did the switch and like it much better.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ContactManager.zip (91.8 KB, 101 views) Click for barcode!
__________________
Went back to a BlackBerry..................

Last edited by Lsme420; 04-16-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2008, 11:41 AM
CyberMonkey's Avatar
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Offline
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,182
Reputation: 820
CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey
Re: SPB Mobile Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post
you are losing me a little here. mobile shell is just a plug in that will give you laucher icons on your today screen.. there isn't a separate interface for Shell, vs. the today... so if you already have this theme installed, where else do you expect the picture to display ? isn't it already on your today screen ?
Mobile Shell is an interface, but it does have a today screen plugin in (which I don't use).
The mobile shell interface does not have any pics as a background, it a solid color. Below is an image from the Mobile Shell interface.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Nickles's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Sunny Phoenix, AZ
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 589
Reputation: 893
Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SPB Mobile Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
Mobile Shell is an interface, but it does have a today screen plugin in (which I don't use).
The mobile shell interface does not have any pics as a background, it a solid color. Below is an image from the Mobile Shell interface.
got it... from the NOW screen and such.
no , you can't change those backgrounds, that i have found anyway.
spend some time in the Mobile shell forum, maybe someone has found a way.
forum here.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2008, 11:52 AM
CyberMonkey's Avatar
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Offline
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,182
Reputation: 820
CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey
Re: SPB Mobile Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post
I hide from all SPB products like the plague.
*Edit* Cyber I see your using iContacts. Try this instead.
DOes it have scrolling? I like that about iContact.
I will deffinately try it though, I like trying new things on my mogul.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2008, 11:53 AM
CyberMonkey's Avatar
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Offline
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,182
Reputation: 820
CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey
Re: SPB Mobile Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post
got it... from the NOW screen and such.
no , you can't change those backgrounds, that i have found anyway.
spend some time in the Mobile shell forum, maybe someone has found a way.
forum here.
Yea, I tried that forum site first before posting the question here, but guess what, it's blocked here at work. There are ALOT of sites that are blocked where I work at.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Lsme420's Avatar
The Pusher Man
Offline
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything
Location: Earth
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,672
Reputation: 1825
Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SPB Mobile Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
DOes it have scrolling? I like that about iContact.
I will deffinately try it though, I like trying new things on my mogul.
Ya finger scrolling and its much nicer. Let me know what you think.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com