PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery Life nochem or dcd

So I was wondering which has a better battery life, I admit I do have dcd rom which I love but props to my boo nochem...but I notice my battery doesn't last very long, charge like every night. Yes I have a lot of programs and htc home including.....but my I installed my roommates fone with the official rom and hers last much longer than mine... at like 60% by 11pm...help? I need battery but I don't wanna go back to stock
Old 03-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Battery Life nochem or dcd

you might want to try some registry hacks for extended battery life. I do a fair amount of texting/email/games/calling on my phone and I have ~50-60% battery life by the end of the day(unless i turn on GPS, then its fair game on battery consumption).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I've had much better batt performance with no2chems most recent builds, 60% batt life left by 10pm each day and that's with very heavy usage and no charging thru out the day....

**On a side note, it gets very confusing seeing your avatar and then the screenname "Hotboy" LOL. You're beautiful btw...

Best... Member... Ever...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

It also depends on what you have running/access the data connection throughout the day. Best way to compare would be to have your exact set up on your roommates phone and see it on a daily comparison.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 03-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Newsie and More
Threadstarter

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

thanks nautica boo and i think i might just go to no chem rom since people are claimin better battery life
Old 03-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work

I can say, that any build of 5054 and up, i have gotten greater battery life than the stock roms. Can't really comment on DCD's roms, but I would assume you'd notice a difference.

I also use the "Battery and Performance" cab from the software forum here at PPCGeeks.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:09 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

yeah, i'll try to upload that cab for you to try when I get in the office. I'm posting from my phone right now.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker

No need to upload it, it is right here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10507

[second post]
Old 03-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Newsie and More
Threadstarter

man i feel like with either one my battery doesn't live that long... I'm thinkin about just goin to stock and add my stuff on too it... but still if anyone knows a good rom that has great battery life please reply or PM me!!! I'll be your bestedst friend forever
Old 03-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Have you tried no2chem's 5059 yet?

I use Activesync push email all day and have had bluetooth on for a few hours, made about 40 minutes of calls and tons of texts since 8AM this morning [it is now 8:51, so twelve hrs] and my batt is at 73%. Granted, I have an extended battery, but even w/the standard battery, I would suspect that would hover around 50%.

I have my backlight settings at mid-high, but powers off after 1 min. Roaming is set to Sprint only [THIS MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE], turned beam off, and have the Batt and Peformance cab I posted a link to above.

This is the best battery life I have ever gotten out of any ROM. Worth checking out if you haven't already [no2chem is also releasing a new build tomorrow supposedly, so it might be worth waiting one more day]

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan