PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2008, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moving from my Blk Berry to the HTC Hero.....
Carrier: Sprint

bigel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bigel
My 5 day review.........

Well I'm on my 5th day with my Mogul and I must say that I love it....lol

This is by far the best phone I've ever had....

Of course I started with the mods and I have:

1) Htc home customizer

2) X-button task manager

3) Audio Manager

4) And something else that I keep forgetting about... I don't even think I've used it....lol

Anyway... my next mod is to switch to the 2.17 Rom, because of couse mine shipped with only 2.09.......

Pro's and cons

Pro's- Hell I just love the phone...lol

Cons- My contacts are eating up my device memory..... and I hate that little bubble that pops up after I send e-mail or text.....

That's pretty much it...

Again thank you so much to all that have shared info or opinion with me....one
Old 03-05-2008, 01:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kennyidaho is becoming a great contributor
Re: My 5 day review.........

A simple reg hack will fix that little pop up. You'll need a registry editor. PHM Registry Editor is a a free one, simple cab install. Resco Explorer also includes a registry editor but it's not free.

You will want to open the path:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Inbox

Create a new key called "Settings"

Create a new string called "SMSNoSentMsg" and set it's value to 1.

Sounds complicated but it's not, if you have ever explored a registry on an actual computer you will find that it's similar. If you have never messed around in a registry then it might sound exotic. However a registry is similar to the folder hierarchy on your computer.

The Mogul is a good device. It has some flaws and it's build quality doesn't really compare to some GSM HTC Devices. Yet this doesn't make it a bad phone. I started with the Mogul, was turned off by it's loose slider, and keyboard (My previous HTC phones keyboard was different). I switched to the touch, loved it at first, was really impressed with its speed. I like the built in touch keyboard, but sometimes its just not practical. It handled its job of being a phone very very well, but because of the input issues PDA functions became difficult. So I am back with the Mogul and love it.

You should really update to 2.17 as soon as possible, it should have actually been the first thing you did. Now when you do the update everything will be erased and you will need to reinstall. Make sure you back up your contacts, calander, etc. PIM Backup will do the job for you, for free.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299705

Last edited by kennyidaho; 03-05-2008 at 01:33 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

and remember before you jump to a ROM upgrade, make sure you back up your PIM (personal information maanager), which is your contacts, custom setup, emails, text messages, and so on. and I also recommend you not to put any custom ROMs from anywhere on your mogul as well, as I read about the problems that other users have had with them... that's why I and very few others have test models, and also make sure you're downloading an official ROM from the manufacturer's site.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kennyidaho is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
and remember before you jump to a ROM upgrade, make sure you back up your PIM (personal information maanager), which is your contacts, custom setup, emails, text messages, and so on. and I also recommend you not to put any custom ROMs from anywhere on your mogul as well, as I read about the problems that other users have had with them... that's why I and very few others have test models, and also make sure you're downloading an official ROM from the manufacturer's site.
Custom ROMS have problems at times, but not everyone has them. I am running No2Chem's ROM and I have had zero troubles with it. I would almost go as far as saying it's one of the best custom ROMS I have used on any device.

99.99% of the time any problems you have with ROM flashing can be resolved. You just need to take the time to read.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bigel is a n00b

COn.....I hate most of all.....

My battery life is f*&kin horrible.....
Old 03-05-2008, 05:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bigel is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyidaho View Post
You should really update to 2.17 as soon as possible, it should have actually been the first thing you did.
i know.... but I figured that I would mess around with some app first... since I was gonna basically gonna have to start from scratch again with the new rom...... I figured at least this way I know what programs I liked and would actaully need and want to have on the new rom.......
Old 03-05-2008, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

cuse94 is a n00b

If you aren't comfortable doing reg edits and want tweaks to increase battery life and get rid of the message sent popup (and many other mods), install some cabs found here - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10668
And the nice thing is, you can easily uninstall them if needed. codyppc has done some nice work. I installed the battery hack only cab found in the second post and the no message sent cab in the first, among others. Hope it helps.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

GLAD u like your mogul dude. Like stated, mogul has some issues, but the capabilities it has far outweigh the issues it has.

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 03-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor

if you got the full retail mogul, you'll notice it comes with a 60 day trial for Outlook 2007.
After that, it's $50 to upgrade to the full version. not cheap, but i use outlook so much, and i'm so glad to be able to get it as a standalone without office.
I say this because outlook is, imo, a very easy and reliable method of backing up your info, just so long as you set the activesync to sync, not overwrite.

also, gotta give a +1 to SPB Mobile Shell 2.0, and i like pocket plus if only for the finger scrolling. seems like a lot for that one feature, but i'm sure i use other aspects as well.

now to figure out where to spend my extra spb points...

Oh! And you can use the SDHC card with the latest rom. I'm personally using 8 GB.

And, they're not cheap, but the proclip vehicle mounting system works real well. That'll set you back around $70, give or take.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

Some simple things you can do to make your battery life better...

- Disable beams (this is a big one)
- Only use bluetooth when you absolutely need to (another big one)
- Only use wifi when you absolutely need to (the biggest one)
- Lower the screen brightness
- Close applications that you don't need running. There are several applications out there that will assist you in doing this

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan