PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Lurker

keefin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tint My Mogul Screen???

Hello everyone, I had this idea that I would try this after I tried to tint my own windows in my car but it turned out to be kinda more than I was ready to take on. So I went and had that done professionally but now I have the tint left that I had ordered for my car and thought "why not tint my mogul screen?" the 5% over the screen REALLY HELPS when you're outside in the sunlight. Will this tint damage my phone? The screen is still responsive with the tint just laying over it.

ThANKS!
Old 02-23-2008, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro, TP2, EVO 4G, Evo 3d
Carrier: Sprint

Cutta-Boi is becoming a great contributor
Re: Tint My Mogul Screen???

That sounds like an interesting idea but not very practical...
Old 02-23-2008, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

eballin is a n00b

i dont think anybody will know anything about this becuz i doubt anybody has tried this lol.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:31 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keefin View Post
Hello everyone, I had this idea that I would try this after I tried to tint my own windows in my car but it turned out to be kinda more than I was ready to take on. So I went and had that done professionally but now I have the tint left that I had ordered for my car and thought "why not tint my mogul screen?" the 5% over the screen REALLY HELPS when you're outside in the sunlight. Will this tint damage my phone? The screen is still responsive with the tint just laying over it.

ThANKS!
i dont think it would be the tint that would damage your phone, i think it would be the adhesive that would be the culprit especially when you try to pull the tint off a car window it rips and leaves whole bunch of film left on the window so the same thing would probably happpen to the mogul. Also wouldnt be able to take it to a service center as it would probably void your warranty but it does sound interesting
Old 02-23-2008, 12:37 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It sounds like a great screen protector but I agree with the above poster it might be hard to get off and I wouldn't walk into a sprint store and try to trade it in.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

Just an idea what if he stuck the tint to a premade screen protecter? would that be to thick to work properly?

Will
Old 02-23-2008, 02:28 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

There are people over on the mp3car forums that have used certain 3m films in between layers of their touchscreen monitors (rather than on top) to make them more readable in sunny conditions.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...-upgrades.html

Old 02-23-2008, 02:46 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

does anybody know if they make a screen protector like the ones they make for laptops that nobody can see the screen if they are sitting on either side of you?
Old 02-23-2008, 02:50 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan

TC1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
does anybody know if they make a screen protector like the ones they make for laptops that nobody can see the screen if they are sitting on either side of you?
That's called a "polarized" screen filter. I highly doubt you'll find one in a flexible type of film layer, the ones for laptops are all hard plastic filters.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

frazmanw is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to frazmanw Send a message via MSN to frazmanw Send a message via Yahoo to frazmanw

I used to tint windows as part of a previous job. Only special fils are meant to be used on plastic and Acrylic. Normal films are for glass. Removing film is another story, are you going to take window cleaner and a razor blade to the screen of your phone??? I know I won't!!! Just buy a polorized screen protector. I have bought them they come fit for your screen.

Just my 2 cents.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan