PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 01:40 PM
N00b

Karot is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Karot
Help completing an idea I have.

As I am sure all of you do, I am constantly thinking up of new ideas to inprove the use of the PPC-6800. I have thought of an idea that might help those who are looking for a way to text or enter information on the fly.

I am wondering if it is possible to set it up so as soon as you open your messaging progran,whatever it may be, that the screen automatically switches to landscape mode. With that switch, a new onscreen dialer or keypad would show up aswell. The user would be able to switch between dialer skins, becoming styles such as a full keyboard (bigger then the default one that requires the stylus) or a normal cellphone dialer with mulitble presses of a button gives you diffeent letters. Also the keyboard would make the rogram adjust its size so you can still view the messgae you are typing.

In a nutshell it would be the iPhone with the keypad, yet still keep the basic idea and function of the Mogul.

And I know there are iPhone skins, im looking for an actual program or settings to do it, not just a mask to LOOK like its doing it.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:27 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Karot is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Karot
Re: Help completing an idea I have.

*The one and only bump I will do*
Old 02-23-2008, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

c@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to c@rL0$
Thumbs up Re: Help completing an idea I have.

I think I was able to do this. I have WM6.1 with threaded SMS and installed the TOUCH Keyboard / Dialer CAB.

This cab gives you the option to use t9 or qwerty on the screen with large buttons.

I was even able to set it to where it pop's up every time SMS pops up.

If you like my work feel free to buy me a drink or some wings LOL
Using my New HTC Touch Pro Theme (25 MB at startup)

Old 02-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I guess it would be cool to have the option, but why would you want this when you have a full keyboard? One of the main reasons I bought this phone was that all I do is slide it and the orientation switches and I have a nice tactile keypad instead or poking at a touchscreen. If I wanted a touchscreen I would have definitely gotten a Touch because otherwise it's better on almost all counts. (Wifi would have been a stickler though).

edit: Not trying to crap on your idea or anything. The great thing about these devices is the ability to tweak them to do whatever the hell you want with them.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:32 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

im with neodorian on that. The whole reason i have a mogul is for the hard keyboard
Old 02-23-2008, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

c@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to c@rL0$

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
I guess it would be cool to have the option, but why would you want this when you have a full keyboard? One of the main reasons I bought this phone was that all I do is slide it and the orientation switches and I have a nice tactile keypad instead or poking at a touchscreen. If I wanted a touchscreen I would have definitely gotten a Touch because otherwise it's better on almost all counts. (Wifi would have been a stickler though).

edit: Not trying to crap on your idea or anything. The great thing about these devices is the ability to tweak them to do whatever the hell you want with them.
I understand where your coming from. The full keyboard is great but it requires the use of both hands.

This is just an option for users who might want to type something up quick when they only have one hand available. Such as a quick text through t9 or qwerty on the screen.

I will up load the CAB for the HTC TOUCH Keyboard and Key Pad for those who need it.

Install to main memory and soft reset after.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC Touch Keyboard + Keypad.zip (1.52 MB, 2 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by c@rL0$; 02-23-2008 at 05:02 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan