PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul 6800
Carrier: Sprint

nikkibee521 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nikkibee521 Send a message via MSN to nikkibee521
my email/mms issue - HELP.

I'm having a problem with my mms/email. I can recieve email, and photos through txt, but when i go to send an email, either, scbglobal, or windows live, it wont sent it out. Likewise when I go to send with the MMS software.

I've been getting "cannot connect" messages pop up also. the number the phone connets to is #777 through sprint.

What is the likely cause?

I'm a noob in this aspect, because I'm not really familiar with setting up networks, and setting etc, etc.

-Is it the outgoing smtp (sp?) server put in wrong,
-Is it the MMS service all together ( I know there were issues several months ago, but mine was working fine then)
-Is it how my phone connects to the sprint server? bc I can use the internet fine on the phone?

HELP!

Or at least someone point me in the direction of a thread to read!

thanks!
Old 02-13-2008, 06:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

skny is a n00b
Call your cellular service provider's tech support. Really. Based on the information you provided, you just bought your phone, came home - and - poof - you can't email or send an mms message.

Sorry to be a smart ass - but I'm fed up with seeing the over abundance of repeated questions when 99.9% of them have already been asked & answered already. Search. If you get nothing, search again, with different keywords. Learn how to search in only certain topics (ie, only the Titan section - and not ALL of them such as the Touch, Treo, etc).

Secondly - your post is too vague. IS this a brand new phone you just got and activated? If so - take it back or call tech support. Things should work out of the box. If not - and you have an updated ROM, then that would be helpful to know. Are you on Sprint, Alltel, Verizon, or Playskool?

Bah - I've wasted enough of my time on this. Search around - your answer is out there.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: spring

lysolflow is a n00b
skny... da homey just asked a simple question... ease up a lil, ya know?...

and for nikkebee... just do a lil search. and if you get threads wit a hole bunch of posts, just specify your search a lil more. they have a mms thread at the top of the titan forum... and as far as the mms... everybody's aint workin... so you not in bad company... i was doin a lil research on why sprint wont let its high end phones have the mms function... to make a long story short, they never have, and its not there fault... i say you just wait til somebody comes up wit another way around it and use that for a few months till sprint come in and kick that off too... lol...

as far as ya email... i was gettin problems on mine for a while too... just go back and recheck your settings, and make sure you run everything thru right... i know theres been plenty of times where i went back and my password was looking real long and funny... but i only use aol and yahoo... as for the other ones, i'm not really sure about those... i know when i use my aol, it says something about the service certificate, but i bypass that and go on about my biz... hope i helped..
Old 02-13-2008, 06:48 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
When it comes to MMS, please start here:

Have Sprint? Have questions about Picture Mail / MMS? Read this first!

This is at the top of every forum.

As far as this issue, it does not seem to be common. The one thing the OP asked that has been discussed, is about the MMS hack which does not work anymore as discussed endlessly all over the place.

Now, to the e-mail issue... as said before, you can only send picture mail via e-mail now, the MMS hack does not work anymore, and the chances of it being fixed are slim.

nikkibee521, can you send/receive regular e-mail? Have you read the thread about sending picture mail via e-mail (there's a link to it on my announcement linked above)?

Some ISPs, like Roadrunner for example, will not allow you to send e-mail unless you are connected on their network... so sending from your device on the Sprint data network would not work.

Windows Live should allow you to send pictures attached to an e-mail unless the file is too large.

You said you are getting a cannot connect error, do you have internet accessat all?

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul 6800
Threadstarter

nikkibee521 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to nikkibee521 Send a message via MSN to nikkibee521
thank you, and one final note.

First of all, I want to thank you, lysolflow, for sticking up for me, and Pibe38 for your additional suggestions. lysolflow, if you're such a God and are too good for Anyones time, then why do you bother responding? I appreciate what you had to say though. I was just asking a simple question.

In my defense I want to add that I have read all the posts in the TITAN listing about the MMS. I used to come to this site quite frequently, but in the last 2 months have been absent. I wasn't having any problems until recently, which is why I came back. I like to modify, and read. I have downloaded phone themes, screensaver, etc. WITHOUT asking any noob questions! But, I'm not sorry for the questions I asked. That's what this forum is for, to share, learn, and ask questions!

I had already deducted before I posted that it was probably an email settings issue, thanks for your suggestions. I will check into the matter. I believe that my email for sending out through windows live is working, but not through my sbc global email. Hence, an issue I'll have to look into. I can get email through both, but couldnt email OUT with my SBCGLOBAL.

Some of the answers you all asked I did have answered in my post.
I'm using Sprint service because I said, I was connecting with the sprint network number #777. Also, I did state that I have access to the internet. I have to use the internet to recieve photos from my boyfriend and other people. However, most recently, I noticed that the photos aren't showing on the page. I have to save them to my phone, then open them to see what he sent. This could be a different issue.

Anyway, thanks for your time. I appreciate those who have answered back. I was in a hurry, and was hoping someone could answer my questions quick. Next time I'll be sure to search the threads more carefully.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:50 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
The issue sending out through SBCGlobal (this is an ISP, isn't it?) may be related to what I posted above about some ISPs not allowing you to use their SMTP server when connected through other networks.

I believe there's a workaround so you can set it up to send through Sprint's SMTP server... but you may have to search for that one because I'm not 100% where I saw or how it works

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan