PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Bre2tSco2t is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New ROM and 128 Ram

Does anyone know if the new ROM that HTC is working on and was leaked for testing, supports the 128 RAM upgrade available from PocketPCTechs?

According to PocketPCTechs website, it requires a cooked rom from XDA-devolpers website.

I know when I got my phone, it did not support more than 2GB (or 4gb) memory card with out a patch from one of the forums. However, the current ROM supports my 6GB memory without any patches. So, I am hoping the RAM will be the same way with the next ROM.

Updated - Here is the link for all those who can't read. Really apprecaite the insults.
http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main~ar...+8th%2A%21.htm

Last edited by Bre2tSco2t; 02-06-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Where do you see that PPCTechs is offering a RAM upgrade for the 6800?
Old 02-06-2008, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid INCREDIBLE raped my bb storm
Carrier: verizon

sprintrjm is a n00b
you cant just magically upgrade the ram

There has been alot of talk about this topic, over at xda-developers they have identified that not only do you have to un solder the memory and install a new chip, you have to have the exact kind that will work with our phones. I dont know how far they have gotten, but im not sure i want someone to void my warranty, possibly destroy my phone all to get a little more memory. But thats just me.

it would be cool if they made the ram modular, like a sd card, but that would have made for more bulk.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor
I don't see PPCTechs say anywhere that they will upgrade the 6800, regardless of RAM...
Link please? Otherwise, I'm inclined to believe that you have been misinformed.
There is an XDA thread that goes into pretty good detail. You might want to look at that, but the consensus seems to be that it is unlikely.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=350002
Old 02-06-2008, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: sprint

pflatlyne is a n00b
I just looked,it said there is no upgrade for the mogul. Assuming that the board is actually wired for the larger chip,you would need to program the new chip,and then install it. (The chip contains both the flash rom and the ram) The biggest problem of course is getting a source of the chips. Installing the chip requires some tools and skills that are not particularly common,but not particularly exotic either.

The long and the short of it is,I while it may well be possible (in fact,the odds look pretty good) no one that I know of has done it yet.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:41 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bre2tSco2t View Post
Does anyone know if the new ROM that HTC is working on and was leaked for testing, supports the 128 RAM upgrade available from PocketPCTechs?

According to PocketPCTechs website, it requires a cooked rom from XDA-devolpers website.

I know when I got my phone, it did not support more than 2GB (or 4gb) memory card with out a patch from one of the forums. However, the current ROM supports my 6GB memory without any patches. So, I am hoping the RAM will be the same way with the next ROM.
Bre2tSco2t is the President of the Disinformation Nation. From what I read on XDA its quit the opposite and PocketPCTechs has no want to do this.
http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main~un...updateunit.htm

Last edited by Lsme420; 02-06-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Bre2tSco2t is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsme420 View Post
Bre2tSco2t is the President of the Disinformation Nation. From what I read on XDA its quit the opposite and PocketPCTechs has no want to do this.
http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main~un...updateunit.htm

Thanks for the insult, I really apprecaite it. For all those who can't seem to find the link it is inthe news section on the front page. Jan 29 date.

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

winslowws is a n00b
I hate to rain on the parade, I was really hoping this was going to be a reality, but it doesn't look like it. Following your link does show the news bit about "select HTC models" being able to be upgraded, but the Mogul doesn't seem to be one of those select models. The link you sent is configured so that it shows that the HTC Universal is your selected device, which is upgradable, but when selecting the Mogul, upgrading RAM is not an option.

I am hoping that it will become available someday soon. Sorry, yes they can do it, just not to our phone.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:21 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420
Bre2tSco2t is the President of the Disinformation Nation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bre2tSco2t View Post
Thanks for the insult, I really apprecaite it. For all those who can't seem to find the link it is inthe news section on the front page. Jan 29 date.

Thanks for the help.
January 29, 2008
64MB to 128MB RAM Upgrade for select HTC Based Devices *On Sale Until February 8th*!
We are pleased to announce we have now developed a RAM upgrade for HTC based devices.
This 64MB to 128MB RAM upgrade will be on sale at a special price of $149.99 until Friday, February 8th!
IMPORTANT NOTE: We will NOT load the ROM required for your system to recognize the 128MB of RAM. You MUST download the appropriate ROM from xda-developers.com and install it PRIOR to shipping your unit in for the RAM installation. We have tested the Universal with the Beasty & Laurentius 2.09.01 and found it to work properly and recognize the 128MB of RAM.
* Dopod 900 Pocket PC Phone 64MB to 128MB Internal RAM Upgrade
* HTC Universal 64MB to 128MB Internal RAM Upgrade
* i-mate JASJAR 64MB to 128MB Internal RAM Upgrade
* O2 XDA Exec 64MB to 128MB Internal RAM Upgrade
* Orange SPV M5000 64MB to 128MB Internal RAM Upgrade
* Qtek 9000 64MB to 128MB Internal RAM Upgrade
* T-Mobile MDA Pro 64MB to 128MB Internal RAM Upgrade
* Vodafone v1640 64MB to 128MB Internal RAM Upgrade
* Vodafone VPA IV 64MB to 128MB Internal RAM Upgrade
Still No Mogul

Last edited by Lsme420; 02-06-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Bre2tSco2t is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by winslowws View Post
I hate to rain on the parade, I was really hoping this was going to be a reality, but it doesn't look like it. Following your link does show the news bit about "select HTC models" being able to be upgraded, but the Mogul doesn't seem to be one of those select models. The link you sent is configured so that it shows that the HTC Universal is your selected device, which is upgradable, but when selecting the Mogul, upgrading RAM is not an option.

I am hoping that it will become available someday soon. Sorry, yes they can do it, just not to our phone.
I am sory, and I stand corrected. I thought "select HTC models" was those with 64mb, and the "Universal" was all HTC with the the 64mb. I did not realize that HTC actaully made a model named Universal.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan