PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: spring

lysolflow is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
if you can help, help... and if you cant help, act like you can...

i been havin ma mogul for 4 months... and it dinged up pretty bad... i've dropped it and lost the stylii and all that good stuff ... but overall the phone is still in good shape... very presentable..

i am a texting and instant messaging machine (now if i could only get the OZ app to work like it do on the touch, i prolly wouldnt have a keyboard ... lol) but for some reason, my "." key requires a rather firm pressing... and its noticeable... and my function key is so unpredictable. i can press it firmly, and nothing will happen... but when i put a lil extra force, the function like comes on as if i pressed it twice...

i've gotten to the point where i dont look at my keyboard while texting anymore... and anybody else who doesn't look at the keyboard know that if you press the function key twice on accident, you start spittin out a bunch of symbols and numbers... this does become a cumbersome problem after awhile... DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

IS MY KEYBOARD THE ONLY THAT IS MESSING UP? CAN I TAKE IT TO A SPRINT HARDWARE STORE AND GET IT TIGHTENED UP, OR DO I NEED TO ORDER A REPLACEMENT AND GO A LIL EASIER ON USE OF THE KEYBOARD...

AND IF THE SECOND ONE, I WILL BE SORELY PISSED...
Old 02-05-2008, 02:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
umm pressing the FN key twice is supposed to do that. Id say u can try your luck telling them that the but i guess it depends on if the rep is an a**hole or not. I text 3-4 thousand times a month as well as IM and i have no problems from mine.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
sounds like your phone is pretty beat up. if you have insurance then take it to a sprint store.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lysolflow is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
umm pressing the FN key twice is supposed to do that. Id say u can try your luck telling them that the but i guess it depends on if the rep is an a**hole or not. I text 3-4 thousand times a month as well as IM and i have no problems from mine.
i know thats what the key is supposed to do... but its very unpredictable... i could press it regularly 100 times and get feedback 50 times, and 25 of times, it will double press the function key...
Old 02-05-2008, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: My TyTn RIP now Touch Pro--->MIGHTY TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Spreek- Sprint/PPCGeek Merger

Del30 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by lysolflow View Post
i am a texting and instant messaging machine (now if i could only get the OZ app to work like it do on the touch, i prolly wouldnt have a keyboard ... lol) but for some reason, my "." key requires a rather firm pressing... and its noticeable... and my function key is so unpredictable. i can press it firmly, and nothing will happen... but when i put a lil extra force, the function like comes on as if i pressed it twice...
Yes i feel you because it happens to me and I belive it is from a bad connection internally due to the physical drops. I agree with JACK
Old 02-05-2008, 05:10 PM
N00b

zelet is a n00b
I'm not sure if its from drops or not. I've had keyboard issues on two different Moguls. Neither one has ever been dropped.

The Mogul has a 1 year warranty against manufacturers defects. I would say what you got going on is a manufacturers defect. Take it back.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
i see. try your luck and tell them that this is from normal usage,
Old 02-05-2008, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lysolflow is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelet View Post
I'm not sure if its from drops or not. I've had keyboard issues on two different Moguls. Neither one has ever been dropped.

The Mogul has a 1 year warranty against manufacturers defects. I would say what you got going on is a manufacturers defect. Take it back.
how do i go about taking it back?
Old 02-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
even if its slightly dinged they will say its user error that caused the malfunction as thats what they are trained to do...pay the 50 bux and get a replacement from asurion if you dont have insurance go outside and bang your head on the wall a few times for not thinking of getting it back when you could...otherwise pay the 55 bux to have it either fixed or an advanced exchange...

Old 02-05-2008, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

arcanecho is a n00b
Actually, my period key has been doing the same thing, but I've never dropped my phone and I've had it since September 07.

*I'm still waiting for the day that I drop it and get super pissed off.*

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan