PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titan

Hazey11 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Messed up phone?

I have the VX6800 (titan) and was following the instructions at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=362563
When I went to Olipro's HARD-SPL page at
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9093
I wasn't paying attention and didn't see the unlock link, so I went straight to downloading the Hard-SPL-MFG.exe without unlocking, it passed the first step, then the second opened the flashing window and it failed, i then went and installed DCD's ROM and it got stuck at the Verizon splash screen, I then forced it into the bootloader where it now shows the following:
TITA100
SPL-1.04.0000
and nothing else, I cannot flash the radio, I cannot reflash the HARD-SPL and when I tried to run the titanunlocker after it froze, I end-processed it and now i'm stuck with a phone at the bootloader screen - any ideas? Thanks
Old 02-04-2008, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

quantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazey11 View Post
I have the VX6800 (titan) and was following the instructions at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=362563
When I went to Olipro's HARD-SPL page at
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9093
I wasn't paying attention and didn't see the unlock link, so I went straight to downloading the Hard-SPL-MFG.exe without unlocking, it passed the first step, then the second opened the flashing window and it failed, i then went and installed DCD's ROM and it got stuck at the Verizon splash screen, I then forced it into the bootloader where it now shows the following:
TITA100
SPL-1.04.0000
and nothing else, I cannot flash the radio, I cannot reflash the HARD-SPL and when I tried to run the titanunlocker after it froze, I end-processed it and now i'm stuck with a phone at the bootloader screen - any ideas? Thanks
Actually all hope is not lost. You can load a new rom on from this point.
Click here to learn more. You can also click here for specifics about your situation.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Hazey11 is a n00b
Thanks for the quick reply, when I tried the second link to attempt to exit the bootloader I get a error "Cannot open usb port, please make sure that usb connection in activesync is disabled" etc etc and it fails when USB is disabled in activesync.

When I take a look at the second link and try to do step 3a (run the relocker, or do I not do this step?) i get an error saying no device connected, this may be because activesync/windows mobile device center cannot connect to it as it's in the bootloader screen only?

Also should I do step 4, installing the unoffical sprint release when I have verizon? Does it matter?
Old 02-04-2008, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

quantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularquantumforce1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazey11 View Post
Also should I do step 4, installing the unoffical sprint release when I have verizon? Does it matter?
At this point the best thing is for you to load your carrier's (Verizon) official 2.xx released ROM. That you can do from the 1.06 bootloader tri-color screen.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Hazey11 is a n00b
Sounds good, I found VZW_2.09 .nbh file, and since I'm not familar with putting this file to use I just went into the folder created by Hard-SPL-MFG and renamed the hard-SPL nbh file to .bak and made the VZW file the hard-spl filename (if you can follow that haha). And then I opened the updaterom program, all goes well until it starts and the phone freezes at 0% and a ERROR[262]: UPDATE ERRROR comes up on the computer with a recovery button. I follow the recovery steps and it still seems to do the same thing
Old 02-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800
Carrier: Verizon

madman34 is a n00b
This will help or at least be of comfort/interest

Greetings,
I have posted this elsewhere during my ordeal a few days ago and it might help you. I did the same thing and I am an engineer, but did miss a logical step which messed me up just the same way as yours. Basically I have found that what happens is that the company has a check in the bootloader that challenges any software to prove that it belongs there. The purpose of the 2.04 unlocker is basically to prevent this and allow us to load anything into the thing we want. This is what happens: In the first step you sync with active sync and load a temporary image of the new bootloader, and then (now this is where I messed up, maybe you too?) I failed to notice the screen on the phone prompting me to 'press the power button', so I did not do it. This would have coppied the new bootloader into the area of flash that holds the stock 1.6 bootloader from Verizon/HTC. All still looked good so I flashed the DCD 2.0.0 ROM and when the phone reset it came to the splash screen and halted, which is what it should do and then you can enter bootloader mode and flash the radio 3.2.7 ROM, well unless you do what I did and not allow the phone to store the new flash because I missed the step and ended up in the stock 1.6 bootloader. So there I was with a splash screen that stuck but said I have the 3.16 ROM and the 1.30.60 radio. The problem here is that the new ROM, the old bootloader, and the old radio are not compatible. The new bootloader will not flash again because it must first be coppied into a specific area of RAM first, then a command sent to it by pressing the power button can then copy it into the flash, but we can not get active sync to recognize it and therefore copy it in. I tried the trick to flash the bootloader from the micro-sd card, but since the new bootloader is not properly signed the stock one holds the screen at 'loading' and refuses to do it. OK then I reasoned that the way to bring it back would be to get the stock updater from HTC but found that it was not there, so I asked around and finally got linked to the FTP here where I retrieved the stated to be ROM file. The updater did for me exactly as it did for you, 0% then timeout, so I figured it was a bust and I had bricked the thing because if the signed version would not go then nothing would. Having nothing to loose, I tried the Sprint 2.09 which is on the HTC page and a very interesting thing happened, it got to 2% before stopping and giving me an 'Invalid Vendor ID' error. This tells me that the Verizon version floating around is NOT totally stock and signed because somthing else for another vendor could at least get a start out of it and failed at a reasonable expected place. Failing to find (at least so far) a valid download of the Verizon software, and because the unit was only 12 days old, I played stupid and told the guy at the Verizon proper store a little fib and said that I was loading stuff and it just locked up and when I reset it that it stuck at the splash screen. He took it to the back to the PST (Product support tool) PC which has the load on it and put it into bootloader mode (power + camera + reset button) and flashed it right back working, proving that I still have not found the stock flash on the net. So if anyone has it, please give, and if not I might in a few days as I have a few friends at VZW that might be able to get it for me. I am now waiting patiently for a stock version. Not because I think it will crash again, but because as some people seem to be doing perfect with the new ROM and some are not, I want a roll back path if it does not work well. Hope this helps.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Hazey11 is a n00b
Sounds like my exact steps and problems (exact), so there's no hope without the actual stock ROM - with the stock rom is there no way to dump it? Doubt it, but worth a shot at asking. I'll have to try at the store then unfortunately, I was going to replace it with a new one since it's taken a beating so I might as well make the trip in. Thanks a ton for your post, without it i'd still be trying a bunch of different outcomes. UNLESS there is anyway to unlock the phone from the sd card, but without knowing much about how the sd card interacts without the phone i'm not sure.

Last edited by Hazey11; 02-06-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BlackDobe is a n00b
I followed the steps exactly and when the phone booted after the radio upgrade I got stuck at the Verizon logo screen. I followed the instructions- once again- and I noticed that when the phone was booting with the first Verizon logo the text at the bottom looked jumbled & scrambled. I thought that I had bricked my phone - even risked my life in a blizzard to go to VZW to get a new phone but they were closed due to inclement weather. I got home and decided to google a Verizon stock radio and came across a link for a 1.4 radio. http://rapidshare.com/files/66766986...radio.exe.html I haven't yet tried flashing to any new ROMS, but my phone will boot and I can actually use it. I am about to attempt flashing to some new roms, hopefully I don't break it again.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDobe View Post
I followed the steps exactly and when the phone booted after the radio upgrade I got stuck at the Verizon logo screen. I followed the instructions- once again- and I noticed that when the phone was booting with the first Verizon logo the text at the bottom looked jumbled & scrambled. I thought that I had bricked my phone - even risked my life in a blizzard to go to VZW to get a new phone but they were closed due to inclement weather. I got home and decided to google a Verizon stock radio and came across a link for a 1.4 radio. http://rapidshare.com/files/66766986...radio.exe.html I haven't yet tried flashing to any new ROMS, but my phone will boot and I can actually use it. I am about to attempt flashing to some new roms, hopefully I don't break it again.
Check out the link below.
Have fun!
Old 02-07-2008, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BlackDobe is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumforce1 View Post
Check out the link below.
Have fun!
That is what I followed. When I got to the step of updating the radio & the phone rebooted, I got stuck at the logo. I did get past it but got stuck in a loop of my phone rebooting during the initial setup & calibration. Only way out was to upgrade the radio to 1.4.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan