PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted
Carrier: Sprint

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Despite its lack of usable RAM, it's still one of the most powerful PPC phones made.

Now if the Touch was re-designed with a slider keyboard......

Or better yet, a Mogul with 128 or 256mb RAM ..............................

because it looks like we will get GPS and revA months before the Touch
Old 01-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
SERO. That and its been out longer than the Touch.

Its a great phone too. I actually chickened out when Sprint offered to swap for a touch. Its full featured and quite powerful despite its problems. We are all waiting for that GPS and Rev A upgrade too!
Old 01-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I came from the apache 6700 prior to getting this phone, and even though there are still flaws it's leaps and bounds above what the 6700 was capable of (mostly because of this beloved site and its brilliant community). There is no question that we squeezed at least 90% of the potential out of the 6700 over a 2-3 year device life... and being that this device is so similar, we wont have to do nearly as much trial and error 'learning' as we did with the 6700... so just imagine what we're gonna be able to do with this thing in 6-12 months!!! Not to even mention Rev A and GPS....
Old 01-21-2008, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Tregrad is a n00b
The mogul is the first ppc i have ever owned (had a blackberry cough cough) I dont really ever hear anyone mention the durability of the phone and I am here to tell ya that this phone is actually pretty tough. I have dropped it, its fallen out of my chest pocket into a pile of granite sludge (I do granite countertops) I have jumpped out of my truck and the phone has flown out bounced one way while the battery flew the other on many occasion and it has dings on every corner or should i say gouges. I have been through about 6 screen protectors and the screen is unscratched. I have a 6 gig card in it and it does about a million things my BB didnt, this thing kicks a$$.
With the help of the people in here and over at xda I have customized it to the way i like and I am happier than a pig in crap.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Sure we can complain about its lack of memory (good grief is a 30 second soft reset that painful?), and the lack of feature X or feature Z, but at the end of a day, it's a really decent product. (Aside from the Verizon version) It is an attractive device, it's functional, and it has lots of customization options.

I completely agree. I have posted this a million times. When it boils down to it..its the most powerful cdma phone out there, aside from the touch. I mean come on, remote desktop? wifi? GPS? Cable modem like net speeds? Wait! I can use this as a MODEM? replace my ipod? Edit an excel spreadsheet? email? instant message? and be a damn phone???? LOL this memory problem fad that half the people post in this forums can kick rocks. "I had to reset my phone twice today" BIG WOW!!!!! I have a device the weighs 6 ounces that can do dang near everything that I can do on my laptop.

I think more and more people are leaning towards smartphones because you get so much in such a small package, and the MOGUL, aside from its problems is the King Of the CDMA crop!!
Old 01-23-2008, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor
I have been very impressed with Sprint's service, if not their customer service. And this is the only WM6 phone that has a full keyboard. I do wish a few things were different, I mean who wouldn't want twice the RAM or a better battery, maybe even a nicer camera? So you manage the problems, and revel in the strengths.
This is the perfect phone for this forum. It's got problems, but its still cool.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:33 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSchitt28 View Post
alot of us with the moguls are prior 6700 and 700wx users. alot of people jumped ship and went with the touch and when the rev a/gps gets released, they are going to regret it if they dont already.
Why?!? we Touch users are getting both as well (although later it appears)
Old 01-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

hyjkim is a n00b
I think this phone is popular because the people who are smart enough to customize and empower the phone are also smart enough to find the best deal on service. If you could get a mobile service plan with the att tilt for the same price as the sprint mogul, I bet you the community would be much smaller.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:10 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
This is the phone I've been waiting for since selling sprint during the 3g switch. I finally got a 6700 after the "k" man's custom 3.3, and got it free for adding a line . I install sat's and climb everywhere dropping the phone from heights. my first 6700's usb jack broke after about 4mo, but it was always a rough fit. my ins replacement lasted only a few more months, bad joystick. replaced in store for the 6800 free! first noticed the better joyPAD and free mSD since my mini was no good anymore.

I tell everyone the only thing the phone cannot do that my laptop can is PRINT. if anybody's got tips for this start or link a thread please. I've used ppc since 2002/3, sold my hp2200 for a cheeper ipaq that linked with my garmin for turnXturn, but never beyond that due to the printing. but now that the ppc is the same as my phone, with always on data!!!

Almost forgot! the 2megpix camera was also a very welcome surprise, even though i would like to see better res yet, it's finally worth taking pics with and not carrying a second dig cam

HTC filled the void samsung abandoned/avoided, great company so far...
Old 01-23-2008, 07:17 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
sorry, I read that and realized I forgot to thank all the contributors here @ppcgeeks and elsewhere for all the hard work that made the ppcphone a reality, I know there are a great many that owe thanks to a small few.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan