PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

watson540 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wont switch to evdo 1x only

ive done various things to try to fix this. called sprint a few times. i dont live in an evdo area so it hast bothered me too much

sprint told me to take my phone to a sprint store as they seem to think its a hardware problem. the guy i spoke to said i could have it replaced but i dont believe that cause i dont carry insurance on it

which means taking it to astore is uuseless. especially since i dont want to flash original rom

anyway..whenever i use the fieldtest app to check it out. it says n/a in every single field for evdo! it didnt use to do that

sprint also gave me my msl so i could reset data profile which i did. also did iota as well

so do you guys really think this is a hardware problem? and will sprint replace my phone?

please any suggestions that dont involve dealing with some pimple faced sprint guy would be much appreciated
Old 01-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I paid $35 to repair/refurb my sanyo vm4500 and I had no insurance. Give the store a try, it shouldn't be too expensive.

http://search.sprint.com/inquiraapp/...ir#__highlight

Last edited by esqueue; 01-07-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

GulfportRMG is a n00b
I had this problem with Alltel. My home is in an EVDO area and I have always had 100% EVDO coverage. Then mysteriously, yesterday morning, I dropped back to 1X and even after a hard reset, it would stay in 1X. Today, the Alltel rep had me reinput the MSID (dial ##000000) and after a soft reset it returned to EVDO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by watson540 View Post
ive done various things to try to fix this. called sprint a few times. i dont live in an evdo area so it hast bothered me too much

sprint told me to take my phone to a sprint store as they seem to think its a hardware problem. the guy i spoke to said i could have it replaced but i dont believe that cause i dont carry insurance on it

which means taking it to astore is uuseless. especially since i dont want to flash original rom

anyway..whenever i use the fieldtest app to check it out. it says n/a in every single field for evdo! it didnt use to do that

sprint also gave me my msl so i could reset data profile which i did. also did iota as well

so do you guys really think this is a hardware problem? and will sprint replace my phone?

please any suggestions that dont involve dealing with some pimple faced sprint guy would be much appreciated
Old 01-09-2008, 01:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
When the EV icon is displayed, and I hit the "send/receive" button within my email account, it will not download..........but if it's displaying the 1X icon, it will........I thought EV was high-speed internet usage.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Lurker

csujd is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
When the EV icon is displayed, and I hit the "send/receive" button within my email account, it will not download..........but if it's displaying the 1X icon, it will........I thought EV was high-speed internet usage.
I have that same exact problem. I just got upgraded from a 6700 to the Titan and I would have EV anywhere I go. Now it shows the EV box with bars but anytime I try to connect to the internet or e-mail I get a can not connect, then I have to wait for it to go 1X. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro by HTC

kain144000 is a n00b
Might I suggest...

'Had the same prob, but it turned out to be server-side. Next time you have EVDO coverage, connect, then dial ##DEBUG#, check the HDR settings 'cause you may not be getting authenticated (look for "AN/AAA Authentication"). Also, not every Sprint lac, uh... ::ahem:: representative, knows their $h17, y'know? So, ask for someone else or tier 2. Anyway, Godspeed, and Peace, Pimpin'.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I did that, and AN/AAA authentication is Failed, what do I do next?
Old 01-15-2008, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro by HTC

kain144000 is a n00b
Well, now that you know that you're not getting authenticated, call Sprint and let them know that you aren't. A rep that knows their $h17'll fix it uber-quick. Peace, Pimpin'.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jzjonathan is a n00b
Hey i just had the same problem. I took it into sprint twice and they could not fix it. Which they thought they did. What you have to do is call sprint and ask for technical support. You will probably get transfered three times (which happened to me) Make sure you ask each person if they are familiar with the mogul because allot are not and dont know what to do. I finally talked to someone who knew what they were doing. It took about 20 mins. He did some programming on his end and i did some on mine (which he walked me through) Call them! It will be your only solution. He told me the guys in the store dont know what they are doing.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Lurker

csujd is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzjonathan View Post
Hey i just had the same problem. I took it into sprint twice and they could not fix it. Which they thought they did. What you have to do is call sprint and ask for technical support. You will probably get transfered three times (which happened to me) Make sure you ask each person if they are familiar with the mogul because allot are not and dont know what to do. I finally talked to someone who knew what they were doing. It took about 20 mins. He did some programming on his end and i did some on mine (which he walked me through) Call them! It will be your only solution. He told me the guys in the store dont know what they are doing.
same thing for me. I finally got to advanced support where the problem was I was placed under the wrong vision plan, or so he said. Either way just call and ask for advanced support, it only took me about 2 minutes to actually get it fixed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan