PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 02:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VZW Kitchen..based on DCD Sprint Kitchen

Sup folks,

dFirst of all, I would like to say that this kitchen is totally based on DCD's kitchen over XDA, so all credits go to DCD.

OK, since he made the kitchen for Sprint, so I took it and ripped everything from sprint that I know how, an put on the Verizon stuff and added some OEM packages for your choosings.

Background of the kitchen:

- Based on DCD 2.16 Sprint Kitchen
- I replaced the VogueDialer from original kitchen with HTC Wizard and you can't dial ##778, but I included the OEM for Phone Codes that I got from PPCGeeks FTP to make up for this.
- I also replaced the AudioPara.csv with the louder one, because the original is too soft for me.
- I removed the original HTC Home plugin because the weather update won't work, and replaced it with the new HTC Home plugin from XDA.
- I also added the theme of the HTC Home to one of the theme that I got from HTC Home Customizer (.NET) version, and also the glossy background from XDA.
- Both FTouchFlo (standalone) and Cube with FTouchFlo OEM are included. I like the scrolling features and Cube slows my phone down so I separate the two. Please install only one of them.
- There is the OEM_Optional_Tweaks folder for custom tweaks that I collected in this forums and put it in the RGU.
- I disabled the welcome screen which in turn will bypass the calibration after hard reset to save some times. IMPORTANT: before flashing I recommend that you calibrate your screen and collect the data from the registry and put it in the OEM_Optional_Tweaks folder. The location of the registry is in the RGU of the OEM stated above at the end of file. To enable the calibration and the whole screen, go to OEM folder under the dcd_enablewelcome folder and look at the initflashfiles.txt and get rid of the ";".
- AutoRun of Extended ROM is disabled by default of the original kitchen.
- I included the LG Today plugin with English text included for your enjoyment.
- All OEM_Optional_XXXXX packages are the ones I added, you can certainly add your own of course.
- I replaced the original VZW_startup.gif animation with one I downloaded off of this forum from original poster (can't find it anymore )

That's all I can think of for now, if you like to take a crack at this kitchen, just head on over to FTP/Titan/User/vboyz to grab the download.

Please report any bugs you find and post here.

Credits and Thanks all go to the great haxors/cookers/themers that make this possible.
Peace and happy cooking.

Last edited by vboyz103; 12-14-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I guess you forgot to link the kitchen?
Old 12-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

bchiple is just getting started
ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@ftp.ppcgeeks...tan/User/vboyz

I am getting an unrar error. Unexpected end of archive. May need to re-upload
Old 12-14-2007, 01:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I have the same problem. Vboyz103, I think you need to re-upload. Thanks for making it though.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Sorry folks, I just reupped the rar file.

Let me know if it still errors out.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

leedawg is just getting started
Do ya think you would mind explaning that whole screen calibration boot up thing.. I kinda lost ya there but do want to try this rom out...
Old 12-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedawg View Post
Do ya think you would mind explaning that whole screen calibration boot up thing.. I kinda lost ya there but do want to try this rom out...
Hey Lee,

What I mean by that is, you know how on every hard reset, there is that whole screen calibration, and also the setup password, email, and that stupid doctor appointment thing you have to do?

Well, for me because I flash a lot so I don't want to go thru that whole thing everytime, therefore, I disable that and as the result you have to get some calibration before hand and put it in the tweaks. So that when it boots up after hard reset, it has some predefined calibration data to work with, since you skip it at first.

To enable the calibration and the whole screen, go to OEM folder under the dcd_enablewelcome folder and look at the initflashfiles.txt and get it of the ";".
Old 12-14-2007, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

leedawg is just getting started
Thanks a lot man look forward to giving this a try I think ill just enable it on mine..

And Do you know where we can find the original VZ rom if we need to flash back? Sorry to bother.. Thanks..

lee

Oh and still getting 505 error form the FTP server so not sure if the rom needs to be reupped or what as said above...

Last edited by leedawg; 12-14-2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I just tried again and it still doesn't work. Same problem as above.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Some'n wrong with upload, tried repair the archive with Winrar, I did put the recovery records in when I upped it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan