PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

blankd3ckskat3r is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Remote desktop

ok, i have the pocket pc remote desktop on my mogul. i want to connect to my pc but keep getting an error stating "cannot connect. likley reasons are:1. specified computer name or ip does not exist. 2.a network error occured while establishing the connection."

i think i have everything entered right. in the computer part i put the name of my computer as it shows in my properties which is computer2007
in the username i put my pc username, and my password. in domain i put my ip address. my question is, am i right about how i entered everything and what is the correct way to put in the ip address
Old 12-12-2007, 03:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

jasonmac is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankd3ckskat3r View Post
in the computer part i put the name of my computer as it shows in my properties which is computer2007
in the username i put my pc username, and my password. in domain i put my ip address. my question is, am i right about how i entered everything and what is the correct way to put in the ip address
Mine only works with the URL and port in the computer field (my.computer.com:3306, or 111.222.333.444:3306) and the domain field blank. So for you, perhaps the IP and port (if not default port) in the computer field and blank domain will work.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

SomeoneE1se is a n00b
default ports are a security risk

you make have to start the connection first with PIE
Old 12-12-2007, 05:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mrgoldst is a n00b
The best way to do this is to run "Hamachi" a free VPN program for both your Pocket PC and Host Desktop. You can bypass most port and firewall issues and use logical computer names instead of ip addresses. This works very well with WM6. For an alternative access method, check out the "logmein" client from the same website (www.logmein.com), for difficult firewall situations on the host side, it is the only practical free solution.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Scooter_in_WI is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
ok, i have the pocket pc remote desktop on my mogul. i want to connect to my pc but keep getting an error stating "cannot connect. likley reasons are:1. specified computer name or ip does not exist. 2.a network error occured while establishing the connection."

i think i have everything entered right. in the computer part i put the name of my computer as it shows in my properties which is computer2007
Are you using this program?
If so, I had the same problem with it. There is a little bug that does not allow you to connect unless you have it installed to main memory. Once I did that, it works with the IP or name. Great little program!
Attached Files
File Type: zip WM6 RDP-Finster.zip (298.3 KB, 176 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-12-2007, 08:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro - Treo Pro

roninr6 is a n00b
Quote:

Well. lets start with the basics, Have you enabled RDP on the host machine

how are you trying to connect? Over Wifi? over Evdo? If wifi then the computer name method should work, and you should not need to enter the ip into the domain field, leave that blank.

If you are trying to connect over EvDO, then its a bit trickier, 1. you need to know you external IP address (or you can sign up for dydns which makes things easier). You will also need to make sure you have forwarded the necessary ports from your router to the host PC.

Do you have another PC you can use to test with? Click run, type mstsc.exe and try to connect to the Host PC from there, it will help to isolate the issue.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

samshady is a n00b
I am trying to get the remote desktop working also. I am using the WM6 RDP Finster, everytime I get the cannot connect error. I am trying to access computers at my job which are part of a domain. Ive typed in the computer name,the computer ip address,my username and password, and Ive tried leaving the domain blank or putting in our domain name. Any suggestions and I've been trying using WIFI
Old 12-12-2007, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro - Treo Pro

roninr6 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by samshady View Post
I am trying to get the remote desktop working also. I am using the WM6 RDP Finster, everytime I get the cannot connect error. I am trying to access computers at my job which are part of a domain. Ive typed in the computer name,the computer ip address,my username and password, and Ive tried leaving the domain blank or putting in our domain name. Any suggestions and I've been trying using WIFI

Is you WiFi connection on the same subnet as the servers? Are you sure that there is not a firewall in between you and the Host machines.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

samshady is a n00b
Right now I'm experimenting with accessing my own computer in the domain. My firewall is down and remote desktop is enabled. I am using the Wifi here at work to try it.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint
Carrier: diamond2

jcsvsi is a n00b
Basic steps that might help
1) Go to (no-ip.com) and sing up for free DNS service
2) Once installed and running on your PC, go to your router and direct port 3389 to the PC (IP) address
3) Make sure remote desktop is enabled on your pc. And firewall accepts RDP 3389
4) On your PPC your logon should look something like this…
Computer: -- - - .no-ip.org (or) - - - - .no-ip.net (or) - - - - .no.ip.com
User name: This should be you’re login name on the pc
Password: whatever it is
Domain: not needed leave blank
You should be able to log in anywhere as long as your PC and PPC have internet access.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan