PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 06:08 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Solution to delayed ring.

hi guys, nice forum here. I am a new owner of the Mogul, and one issue I dont seem to see from a lot of people is the delayed ringer. When I dial my phone, the phone will ring two times before it starts physically ringing the phone. I do recall reading something about a delay, but I have no idea where I read it or to where to find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Look in here under Registry Tweaks which is a little ways below where it says "Search Before starting a new thread"

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5091

Here's what I got when I did a search for "slow ringer"

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/search.php?searchid=322012

Then when you open a thread if you go to the top right corner you can do a search within just that thread even if it is many pages long.

I had to set mine to 0 to get it to ring right away.

Welcome to the forums

Last edited by Primenall; 11-08-2007 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jaymark is a n00b
how does setting it to 0 affect your battery life?
I might try 0 too cuz the improvement seem not enough for 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenall View Post
Look in here under Registry Tweaks which is a little ways below where it says "Search Before starting a new thread"

Then when you open a thread if you go to the top right corner you can do a search within just that thread even if it is many pages long.

Welcome to the forums
Old 11-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Setting your SCI (Slot Cycle Index) to 0 eats a little more battery...but it's not that bad. I'm running on 0.

-----------------------------------------------------

19-FIX THE SLOW RINGER

To do this, you will need your MSL, which only Sprint (or your provider) can provide you. Open up the phone app and dial ##778# (PST). You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone. From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2)

-----------------------------------------------------

Last edited by ebmorgan; 11-08-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenall View Post

Welcome to the forums
Yes, I did search, however, I tried the words "delayed ring" instead of "slow ring". Thanks for the welcome, but I have a lot of experience at various message boards (probably > 12k posts aggregate)

Anywho.. thanks for the welcome and the thread!
Old 11-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Yep I have had mine set at a couple settings and 0 doesn't seem to noticably eat more battery.

Yeah Supadawg hope you don't think I was trying to be a jerk or anything just trying to keep ya from being harshed by any of the search fanatics
Old 11-12-2007, 02:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kubafett is a n00b
i've got sampsons rev 00 rom installed and it doesn't seem to let me go into ##778#, it must be the dialer skin, are there any dialer skins that allow me to change these settings for the mogul?

Thanks
Old 11-12-2007, 02:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubafett View Post
i've got sampsons rev 00 rom installed and it doesn't seem to let me go into ##778#, it must be the dialer skin, are there any dialer skins that allow me to change these settings for the mogul?

Thanks
If yuo are using an alltel base or another base try ##778<Send>
Old 11-12-2007, 03:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kubafett is a n00b
thank you that worked, thanks for the superfast reply!
Old 11-12-2007, 05:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Oh by the way, this did help me a little. Phone went from ringing after the 2nd ring to ringing now right after the first ring. I set it to 0.

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan