PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 08:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Page Plus

bawaji is keeping up the good workbawaji is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Waiting for Superphone

Is there any "superphone" that is a world phone i.e. has CDMA as well as quad-band GSM? The main reason I purchased an Imagio is so I can use it on the Verizon network in the U.S. and install a local SIM card when traveling in Europe and Asia.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcianc View Post
8-hours... yeah if you charge it periodically or do nothing at all with it. that still doesn't even last a day of work. PATHETIC.

sure the incredible is a decent device but no more than a 9 month old 2009 model HD2. oh yeah the HD2 has a better screen too. ROTFLMAO. I mean if you're going to pop off at least have a newer device that runs at 1GHZ (check incredible's cpu throttling) like droidX (also w/ better screen).

anyways comparing a new "superphone" (with bad battery life) to an old (last generation) WM6.5 device is super lame. especially when said outdated phone (imagio) can pretty much do ANYTHING i need (turn by turn gps, slingbox, exchange, outlook, calender, windowslive contact sync, ms office, browser, etc.) at this point.

get a clue
Dude , you starting ripping the incredible before I said a word. I never said it was a super phone. My battery lasts all day with a 1500 mAh batt. Most of the Imagios have to use the 2150 mAh batt to make it thru the day. I have had every HTC Windows Phone vzw has sold, xv 6700 thru the Imagio ( with all the custom roms) and none of them had enough ram or memory to work correctly . They all lagged , locked up and had to be rebooted daily. Now I have enough ram and memory for the phone to work correctly all day (with no lags or freezes ) like it is supposed to. Windows and HTC have never set up a phone to succeed ( lame processor and not enough memory) and custom roms can't change that. I have followed this thread since the beginning and I remember many posts about bad battery life with the Imagio and how everyone want an extended life battery , thus the 2150mAh batt.
All I am saying is that the Incredible is the first smartphone I have owned that worked like it suppose to out of the box. Plus we have 150,000 apps in the app store.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 08-07-2010, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: imagio

Toysrme is keeping up the good workToysrme is keeping up the good work
Cool Re: Waiting for Superphone

unfortunately 149,997 of them are the same free crap you can find on every other platform.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:42 AM
N00b

dan23945 is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to dan23945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme View Post
unfortunately 149,997 of them are the same free crap you can find on every other platform.
Android Market has more useful, quality apps available than can be found for WinMo. And the app's that provide the same functionality as those available for WinMo...are generally of better design and easier to use.

I have always used Windows Mobile..and I'll be jumping ship to Android as soon as I'm eligible. Microsoft's apple-like rules for Windows Phone 7, has made that decision even easier!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

heydr is keeping up the good workheydr is keeping up the good work

Do you people want a great phone or a great app store?

the two are very different.

and why do i see more and more threads on winmo boards talking about android explicitly? its a subjective thing, different people like different platforms.

as for the specs, well lets be serious, almost every month a phone comes out with new specs that blow one month old phones out of the water, the imagio came out how long ago and its being compared to the brand new incredible? thats ridiculous.

and if you owned every htc winmo phone released on verizon and they all worked poorly for you, why did you continue to buy them time and time again?

and lastly, all of these people are bashing wp7. how many of you have used the platform? been shipped a dev device? id say almost none.

love android, love iphone, love winmo, hell, even love webos, nobody cares. people come on these forums for information mainly. if i want to know about android ill go on the android boards. this is worthless clutter, and major trolling.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:41 PM
N00b

dan23945 is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to dan23945

Quote:
love android, love iphone, love winmo, hell, even love webos, nobody cares. people come on these forums for information mainly. if i want to know about android ill go on the android boards. this is worthless clutter, and major trolling.
I've found the posts in this thread very informative...up until yours. I enjoy reading posts debating the positive and negative between the different platforms. Also, remember, the topic of the thread is discussing the ultimate "superphone"...platform will come into play there.

Anyways..back on subject. Did you guys see the pictures of this leaked HTC prototype? 1.2 Ghz...possible dual core, not expected until 2011. That makes me think it's going to be a while before we see specs like those in the first post.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:53 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

smartbusiness2003 is a n00b

Guys and girls, in all due respect, (and I do mean RESPECT because I am sure that most of you guys know more than I do) but you have either gotten off topic by accident, or never understood what this thread was supposed to be about.

I never mentioned anything about what OS was the best, and I never said anything about battery life issues. I am saying that I am not able to achieve the performance that I need from the Imagio. This is due mostly to insufficient hardware. If any of you know how to run all of the apps listed in the first post without the device slowing to a crawl or locking up, your advice would be greatly appreciated. I only mentioned Android 3.0 because it will be better than 2.2, and 2.2 is already better than my Win 6.5.

heydr mentioned people needing to decide if they want a great phone or a great app store and I disagree. First, with the right hardware, people can put multiple OS's on one phone and have access to multiple app stores. Secondly, any app that you "need" has already been created for most platforms. Also, with Google App Inventor, people can creat any app that they want for Android.

This thread was never meant to be about OS's or comparing current phones to other current phones. This thread is supposed to be about the future phones coming out in Nov, Dec, and/or Jan being able to do just about anything you want them to in a relatively speedy manner. I am excited about the future phones because they should allow me to get the performance out of a phone that I want.

Please focus your comments on the future phones coming out (the more you know the better, even if it just a rumor) or about ways that people can achieve stable and speedy performance running multiple apps with the Imagio. Thanks
Old 08-08-2010, 09:55 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

dan23945, thank you for noticing. Well stated.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio and Incredible

untitled is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartbusiness2003 View Post
I am saying that I am not able to achieve the performance that I need from the Imagio. This is due mostly to insufficient hardware. If any of you know how to run all of the apps listed in the first post without the device slowing to a crawl or locking up, your advice would be greatly appreciated.
You've hit on exactly what makes the Imagio frustrating even to those of us who like it. It came out at the trailing edge of a period when it was OK to have a processor less than 1 ghz, and thus it became obsolete much quicker than most phones do.

And it can ALMOST do so many of the things the cutting edge phones do, or it can do them but just not as well.

I want my next phone to hold up better -- it will of course be obsolete long before I'm done using it, but hopefully not within a month. I think an HTC Android phone with a 1.2 ghz processor on Verizon's LTE network would hold up quite nicely even as better phones come out after it. So that's what I'm hoping to get this spring.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:33 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Yeah, I just got the Droid X as a Bday gift and WOW!!!!! If I am this impressed with the Droid X (granted, I'm coming from the Imagio), then we will all be blown away with any phone that comes out with the specs listed in the first post! I really am completely satisfied with the Droid X. It does everything that I need. At least for now, maybe in the future I will get into Video Calling....

Last edited by smartbusiness2003; 08-17-2010 at 07:36 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio