PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

mlevin77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
what hardware button presses reboot the Imagio?

I'm using the stock Verizon ROM. I've got apps that reboot the phone; that's fine but every once in a while, the screen is stuck and I can't activate them. Is there a button combo (e.g., hold down the red and green buttons on the front or something like that) which reboots the device without having to take the back cover off? I read a few posts on-line where people say there's no such thing for the Imagio, but I could have sworn I did it by accident once. Today I took it off the charger and the screen wouldn't turn on at all. I tried holding down red and green and got a screen I've never seen before: all white, it says "Data dump" or something like that and at the bottom a bar that says "serial". I had to take the back cover off and reset that way. Is there a way to reset from the buttons on the front?

Mike
Old 06-19-2010, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio, Moto Droid, Palm Pixi Plus
Carrier: VZW

obxKevin is becoming a great contributor
Re: what hardware button presses reboot the Imagio?

Other than long pressing the end key and hoping you can get it to shut down that way and then just power it up again, I'm not aware of any. Maybe someone with more experience knows something I don't.

Seems to me that this is the reason so many have drilled small holes in the back cover so the stylus can be used to poke the reset button.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Threadstarter

mlevin77 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxKevin View Post
Seems to me that this is the reason so many have drilled small holes in the back cover so the stylus can be used to poke the reset button.
ah! brilliant; I haven't heard of that. How does one know precisely where the hole should be (where it matches up to the reset button)?

Mike
Old 06-19-2010, 06:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio, Moto Droid, Palm Pixi Plus
Carrier: VZW

obxKevin is becoming a great contributor

Sounds more complicated than it was. Don't know how others did it but I removed the back cover, laid a strip of paper across the battery with the paper extending over the edges a good bit and marked where the reset button was under the paper. Then, holding the strip of paper steady, I put the cover back on and crimped the edges of the paper that were still hanging out.

Next, holding the paper in place with a bit of tape, I removed the cover and the paper, turned the cover over, marked where the reset button would be according to the paper, removed paper and drilled.

I drilled from the inside with a too small bit the first time, put the cover back on, checked my alignment, then took the cover back off to finish drilling from the outside with the correct bit. That way, any raggedness would be on the inside of the cover and easily cleaned up.

Just an FYI, I never really use the hole anymore since VZW 3.04 stock ROM came out. And of course, this will void your warranty. It works ok if they send you a refurb though, since you keep the original back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This hole doesn't void your warranty. And all replacements come without a battery or door so it has no bearing on warranty and futures replacements. Now you can't by the phone, drill a hole and then expect Verizon to take it back in 30 days, but that is common sense
Old 06-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

+1 on drilling the hole. I did that the first month I got my phone. (or maybe that should be a sad face?)

Can anyone say - Motorola X?!
Old 09-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

J1Bo3 is a n00b

2 for drilling hole... and have had to get replacements 2 times... they have you keep battery and door...
Old 09-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Alternatively if you did drill a hole and need to return and still don't feel comfortable you could just buy a back cover from Ebay or from Verizon.

- Stedysoft FullDeck R14 -> Notes/bugs/tips HERE

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio