View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 06:03 PM
obxKevin
PPCGeeks Regular

obxKevin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: what hardware button presses reboot the Imagio?

Sounds more complicated than it was. Don't know how others did it but I removed the back cover, laid a strip of paper across the battery with the paper extending over the edges a good bit and marked where the reset button was under the paper. Then, holding the strip of paper steady, I put the cover back on and crimped the edges of the paper that were still hanging out.

Next, holding the paper in place with a bit of tape, I removed the cover and the paper, turned the cover over, marked where the reset button would be according to the paper, removed paper and drilled.

I drilled from the inside with a too small bit the first time, put the cover back on, checked my alignment, then took the cover back off to finish drilling from the outside with the correct bit. That way, any raggedness would be on the inside of the cover and easily cleaned up.

Just an FYI, I never really use the hole anymore since VZW 3.04 stock ROM came out. And of course, this will void your warranty. It works ok if they send you a refurb though, since you keep the original back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.