PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2010, 01:50 PM
mlevin77's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 369
Reputation: 20
mlevin77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how to keep it locked when making a BT call?

When my Imagio (stock Verizon ROM) is locked, and a call comes in, it stays locked. This is great because I can answer it with my car's BlueTooth unit and never take the phone out of my pocket and no buttons get accidentally pressed. But, if I initiate a call from the car's BT unit, the phone app comes up and during the call the screen is responsive to presses even though it was locked (although it does go back to the locked state *after* the call is over). This is no good because I've had stuff changed accidentally by my jacket's contact with the screen while it's in a pocket during a BT call.

Does anyone have any idea how to keep it in the locked (screen unresponsive) state when initiating calls by BT? If not, is there any other forum I can ask this on, which (even if it's for a slightly different WM phone) might have a solution?

Mike

Last edited by mlevin77; 06-05-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2010, 02:18 PM
tornshadow's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 19
Reputation: 0
tornshadow is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: how to keep it locked when making a BT call?

I would like to know this as well, because when I'm using my headset I tend to push buttons while the phone is in my pocket.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2010, 06:57 PM
mlevin77's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 369
Reputation: 20
mlevin77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: how to keep it locked when making a BT call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornshadow View Post
I would like to know this as well, because when I'm using my headset I tend to push buttons while the phone is in my pocket.
someone made a suggestion on the TP2 forum which I think might be just the thing:

http://www.pocketshield.net/

I just tested it. It has a ton of options - looks great. But it doesn't work correctly with BlueTooth: it interprets the connect/hangup buttons on my BT stereo as screen presses (at least that's what I think it does, because it disables them!) and also, oddly, manages to get the ringtone of the incoming call to start playing through the BT stereo (which never happened before).

Mike

Last edited by mlevin77; 06-06-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Wildman's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 260
Reputation: 720
Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: how to keep it locked when making a BT call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornshadow View Post
I would like to know this as well, because when I'm using my headset I tend to push buttons while the phone is in my pocket.
I am using S2U2 and under the settings menu there is a option to lock and turn off backlight when using blue tooth that works well, I have been researching registry to see if this is accomplished with a registry edit because if so I can cab the setting to be used without using S2U2 (for those that choose not to use this application) but for now this is a solution.. One thing... device does momentarily unlocks when asking for verification of action to call but locks and blacks out as soon as you acknowledge action...


__________________
HTC (Imagio). Change is good and customizing is better, but always remember that backing up should still be the first golden rule...
If I am able to help you, feel free to press http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif
http://imgboot.com/images/Co0kieMons...erdarkgrey.png

Last edited by Wildman; 06-14-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-13-2010, 05:24 PM
mlevin77's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 369
Reputation: 20
mlevin77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: how to keep it locked when making a BT call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
device does momentarily unlocks when asking for verification of action to call but locks and blacks out as soon as you acknowledge action...
does "verification" mean that this can't be used to answer the phone without taking it out of your pocket? Does this app allow you to use BT stereos to talk to the Voice Command, not just initiate calls?

thanks!

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2010, 06:13 PM
igsolt's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4
Reputation: 0
igsolt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: how to keep it locked when making a BT call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
When my Imagio (stock Verizon ROM) is locked, and a call comes in, it stays locked.
For some reason mine gets unlocked on incoming calls.
Do you know which setting controls this behavior?
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Wildman's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 260
Reputation: 720
Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: how to keep it locked when making a BT call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
does "verification" mean that this can't be used to answer the phone without taking it out of your pocket? Does this app allow you to use BT stereos to talk to the Voice Command, not just initiate calls?

thanks!

Mike
You can answer phone without any issues, Verification is meaning the prompter that shows on your phone when you use voice command. (Example Call "Mr. Smith" and then voice command ask "Call Mr. Smith? and shows contact info on screen), during this time there is a prompter on screen but as soon as you say voice response device locks and screen blacks out.

Now as for using BT stereo to talk, the application does not change what type of connections that the device does, that is determined by the hardware (If phone and BT don't support the stereo profile you can not change that feature)
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com