PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: T-Mobile

lui2001 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I bricked it (I know I did) - now what - sending to HTC worth it?

Guys,

I just got a Verizon Imagio that I GSM unlocked and used on T-mobile and of course as usual wanted a different ROM - off to HSPL and BANG - it was bricked, I must have grabbed the wrong HSPL to unlock and now it won't do anything...never thought it would happen to me but here we go...

Question - the phone is almost new and is at least of some value to me:

I am holding out buying a new phone i.e Nexus One or a WM7 phone in the fall and would want to use this phone for a few months.

My question - has anybody ever sent their phone to HTC for reflashing of this kind an what was the cost?

What other alternatives can yo uthink of /come up with (don't be ....)

I can only use it 2G and hence it is not fully worthy of mine.. but it's value, I would say, is even used around $290, so worth getting it fixed as long as the repair won't exceed its own value, however I could just go out and buy a Nexus One now for $180 and smash this damn Imagio (more Verizon smashing than Imagio/HTC)..

What do you guys think?

My best
Old 04-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: I bricked it (I know I did) - now what - sending to HTC worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lui2001 View Post
Guys,

I just got a Verizon Imagio that I GSM unlocked and used on T-mobile and of course as usual wanted a different ROM - off to HSPL and BANG - it was bricked, I must have grabbed the wrong HSPL to unlock and now it won't do anything...never thought it would happen to me but here we go...

I am holding out buying a new phone i.e Nexus One or a WM7 phone in the fall and would want to use this phone for a few months.

My question - has anybody ever sent their phone to HTC for reflashing of this kind an what was the cost?

I can only use it 2G and hence it is not fully worthy of mine.. but it's value, I would say, is even used around $290, so worth getting it fixed as long as the repair won't exceed its own value, however I could just go out and buy a Nexus One now for $180 and smash this damn Imagio (more Verizon smashing than Imagio/HTC)..

What do you guys think?

My best
HTC and VZW or Tmobile do not reflash bricked phones for customers. The reason it is called "bricked" is because you now have a $300 paper weight.
They will sell you a new phone but will not repair a phone you illegally unlocked . Live and learn man.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 04-25-2010, 08:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

makryger is becoming a great contributor

With Windows Mobile, there really isn't such a thing as bricking (at least on the software side). Just go to the Tri-color screen (I believe you hold volume down and power), hook it up to your computer, and reinstall the original rom.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by makryger View Post
With Windows Mobile, there really isn't such a thing as bricking (at least on the software side). Just go to the Tri-color screen (I believe you hold volume down and power), hook it up to your computer, and reinstall the original rom.
When it's bricked the buttons don't work.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:20 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Guys,

What do you guys think?

My best
call verizon tellem your bottons are stuck and they will send you a new phone if they give you any problems tell them to transfer you to cancelation once in cancelation that will suck you d*ck if you ask them to lol and send you a new phone there rarely ever check out the old phone when you return it so you have a 99.999999% chance that they will never know
ive done this with numerous numerous phones and different networks as well

Last edited by maxtcee; 04-26-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

lui2001 is a n00b

I called PCD. the HTC (CDMA) repair arm and they are kind enough to look into it, does not mean they will repair it. But the Mgr there was very nice. They normall do not do it especially without the original SIM card, but if you reason there is a way. Repair service is $75 plus parts and labor.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It is not repairable by anyone. Except maybe htc who can probably jtag the flash.

Last edited by drewcam888; 04-28-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

dedi2034 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I called PCD. the HTC (CDMA) repair arm and they are kind enough to look into it, does not mean they will repair it. But the Mgr there was very nice. They normall do not do it especially without the original SIM card, but if you reason there is a way. Repair service is $75 plus parts and labor.
I had a touch pro, and my screen quit working the day after the warenty was up. I called PCD..the same as you, and they told me to send it in. That it would be aproximatly $50.00. So i did. Once they received it, they turned right around and sent it back to me because of illegal software on it. If the phone is unlocked, they know, and won't do anything for you. Hope you have better luck. You can also download a program called EveryWan Remote Support that may allow you to see the screen on your phone if it boots up at all. Not sure if you can get the relocker on it that way or not.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio