PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162
Question Noob to Android! Helping a friend!

right, so my love affair with WM6.1/6.5 is going to be ending soon, so i thought id jump in and help a friend whos phone seems to have stopped working!

To explain, the issue im trying to help him recover from (search function keeps pointing me to a similar issue, but not the ONE im looking for ) is that the HTC Hero freeze's or "hangs" during the BOOT ANIMATION... not the white HTC screen, but the X boot animation (and wow does this thing take FOREVER to startup, must be something major wrong? or does it always take that long... gerrr to custom roms/boot animations... nexus boot anim IIRC)!

I was trying to do the "safe mode" trick, but either i am not doing it right (will dig through some more youtube vids, maybe ill find out what im doing wrong) or its also freezing in safe mode. I removed the mSD card and tried a few times with/without and with a different one, no-go there.

I was thinking of a HARD reset/fresh flash, but apparently hes got some pictures on the device he wants to TRY and make MORE of an effort to save, and since I wanted to wade in the pool a bit before i cannon ball into it, im obliged to turn to the smart and resourceful people on the interwebs to see if I cant get this thing back in "ship-shape" and recover his photo's!

If you know of a good post about recovering for this issue and wouldn't mind linking, id appreciate it, all the searching on google and with the forum search kept linking me to "hang on htc screen" and not hang at end of boot animation, < which OFC is his issue :P

Thanks all, if you have time of course :O

Last edited by Kane3162; 05-05-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Spirit

melody116 is a n00b
Re: Noob to Android! Helping a friend!

Why there are so many ads? When i focus on your post, there just ads pop up again and again. It is annoying.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:03 AM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374
Quote:
Originally Posted by melody116 View Post
Why there are so many ads? When i focus on your post, there just ads pop up again and again. It is annoying.
I would agree, seems like more ads than normal recently.

Sent from my Epic 4G running the midNIGHT rom via Tapatalk

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile
Threadstarter

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162
Re: Noob to Android! Helping a friend!

LOL, no actual reply... thanks guys! PPCG must be getting greedy because site costs look to be about the same (based on in/out of pplz B/W) or some other reason... but its well deserved... BUT if your like me, AdBlock Plus + NoScript and I see 0 ad's that ARENT from PPCG!

Anyway, didnt solve the issue, just wiped it clean and started with a fresh slate... hope nothing important got lost (he knew however the risks involved)...

now just to get it back from Sprint and back onto Cricket for him...

anyone might be able to help me with that a bit? guess he paid $60 last time for the "flash" to cricket... IMHO a bunch of crock shit...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero