PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

jdizzle is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
question for new 2.1 rom

first off, i wanna apologize, but i did search the forums and did not find the answer....actually i saw some guy that had lost all his paid apps when he did the new rom.

coming from windows mobile, i always used spb backup to backup my numbers and programs. What do i use to backup my numbers on the phone and how do i ensure my paid apps, mainly pda tethering re-appear after i flash the official 2.1 for the hero.

sorry, but windows was much easier for me than android...thanks for all your help in advance.

p.s. - what does the forum see as advantages for the new 2.1 from 1.5?
Old 05-19-2010, 02:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: question for new 2.1 rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
first off, i wanna apologize, but i did search the forums and did not find the answer....actually i saw some guy that had lost all his paid apps when he did the new rom.

coming from windows mobile, i always used spb backup to backup my numbers and programs. What do i use to backup my numbers on the phone and how do i ensure my paid apps, mainly pda tethering re-appear after i flash the official 2.1 for the hero.

sorry, but windows was much easier for me than android...thanks for all your help in advance.

Go to market and download My Backup Pro or Titanium Backup. Once you download you shouldnt have any problems seeing any apps cuz this is an OFFICIAL release. If you have root access right now though just know that you will lose root and wont be able to flash any roms or themes anymore. And you cant just reroot so youll basically lose it forever.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:

Your paid apps will eventually show back up, it just takes it a minute to do so. Unless it isn't supported on 2.1, which most are. When I first updated my phone it took 3-5 minutes for one of my apps to show up for me to reinstall.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Threadstarter

jdizzle is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
Your paid apps will eventually show back up, it just takes it a minute to do so. Unless it isn't supported on 2.1, which most are. When I first updated my phone it took 3-5 minutes for one of my apps to show up for me to reinstall.
after flashing, how do you like the new 2.1 in comparison to 1.5?
Old 05-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
after flashing, how do you like the new 2.1 in comparison to 1.5?
Even though I have a moment, 2.1 rocks
Old 05-19-2010, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

vansmack is keeping up the good workvansmack is keeping up the good work

When you installed the leak, some of your paid apps (and some free apps) were not available in the Marketplace.

That has been corrected now that the RUU has been approved by Google with the official release. All of my paid apps were available this morning, even while I was still on the leaked ROM.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmack View Post
When you installed the leak, some of your paid apps (and some free apps) were not available in the Marketplace.

That has been corrected now that the RUU has been approved by Google with the official release. All of my paid apps were available this morning, even while I was still on the leaked ROM.
And actually in all reality, your gonna actually see MORE apps then you did if your coming from from 1.5. lol. Cuz ALOT of the new apps being developed are for 2.0 and higher.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

So if I update to 2.1 there's no reverting back to Fresh 2.1.1 or any of the other roms based on this release?

I love fresh's Rom but hoped that the official rom might fix my facebook sync and then allow me to go back to my nandroid of fresh 2.1.1

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 05-19-2010, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

vansmack is keeping up the good workvansmack is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
So if I update to 2.1 there's no reverting back to Fresh 2.1.1 or any of the other roms based on this release?

I love fresh's Rom but hoped that the official rom might fix my facebook sync and then allow me to go back to my nandroid of fresh 2.1.1
That is correct - if you run the Leaked RUU or today's official Sprint RUU you will not be able to root your phone for an undetermined amount of time. There is some speculation that with new phones coming out, developers will leave the Hero for the EVO and not bother cracking this new hboot.

One alternative is a zipped file from damage that has stripped the locked portions and left all of the new features. It is available over at XDA.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmack View Post
That is correct - if you run the Leaked RUU or today's official Sprint RUU you will not be able to root your phone for an undetermined amount of time. There is some speculation that with new phones coming out, developers will leave the Hero for the EVO and not bother cracking this new hboot.

One alternative is a zipped file from damage that has stripped the locked portions and left all of the new features. It is available over at XDA.
Great, thanks I'll give that a try hopefully it will restore my FB sync. Utimately it probably doesnt matter because my Hero will be for sale soon and i will have a beautiful new EVO!!!!!!!!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero