PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
HTC Hero ## codes.

Here is a list of ##-ºo.oº-# codes for HTC devices, jacked directly from the Touch Pro forum. I haven't tested all of them, but i have tested most. I'll edit if i find that some of them don't work. Just thought it would be nice to have a list here in the Hero forum. These come in handy. Notable uses:
##3282#--set Slot cyle index to 1. Your phone will poll towers more often and will respond to incoming texts and calls faster.
Also in 3283 you can change the ACCOLC to 1 and raise the priority level of your calls. Don't set it to 0. That is reserved for government agents and emergency services. The FCC will kick you in the balls if you use it.

other than those, have fun, and i take no responsibility if you make your phone a $600 shiny rock. Good luck, soldiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevopativo View Post
##778# - EPST - Advanced Programming - This can also be accessed from the windows folder as EPST.exe
##786# - EPST - Reverse Logistic
##4772579# - RESETs
##37872# - Full Speed USB Mode - Enable/Disable
##8626337# - EPST/Vocoder -
##2539# - EPST/A-Key - Authentication Key
##7738# - EPST/P_Rev - Protocol Revision
##3282# - EPST - Basic Programming
##775# - EPST/PRL - PRL Settings
##3386# - DDTM - Enable/Disable
##33284# - Debug - FieldTrial Debug Info - This can also be accessed from the windows folder as FieldTrial.exe
##3424# - DMR - PORT INFO - This can also be accessed from the windows folder as DMRouter.exe
##MSL# - MSL is your MSL code which you type in place of the letters MSL. To get your MSL code you can call your service provider and ask them to run you through the steps to program your phone. During this process they should have you type in ##yourMSL#. This should be a 6 digit number. They normally do this with a customer when they have issues with internet/voicemail/text messaging problems or when you call to activate a new phone on your account.

Sponsored by Kools.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP
Re: HTC Hero ## codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
##3282#--set Slot cyle index to 1. Your phone will poll towers more often and will respond to incoming texts and calls faster.
Let's not forget that it will also drain your battery a little faster.

I found the telephony secret code for our phone too when I was digging through some of the boot.img source. But it only pulled up a blank window. I'll look again and post it just because.

Here ya go. And it was actually in the manifest of phone.apk not in the boot.img.

android:scheme="android_secret_code"
android:host="8377466"
Entered in this way: *#*#8377466#*#*

But it only seems to say version not found.

Last edited by flipzmode; 12-06-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good workToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good work

when you say "raise the priority level of your call" by modifying the ACCOLC code to 1, will that help with the phone "ring lag".

I have changed my slot cycle index to 0, have not noticed any decrease in battery life, but the calls are still hit and miss if they get through. For awhile, I had the ring lag down to only 2 rings on the callers end, but it's gone back to 4 now. I regularly update my profile and PRL.

Will this additional change help?
Old 12-06-2009, 06:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicToastKatz View Post
when you say "raise the priority level of your call" by modifying the ACCOLC code to 1, will that help with the phone "ring lag".

I have changed my slot cycle index to 0, have not noticed any decrease in battery life, but the calls are still hit and miss if they get through. For awhile, I had the ring lag down to only 2 rings on the callers end, but it's gone back to 4 now. I regularly update my profile and PRL.

Will this additional change help?
At 0 your phone should be checking for a call every 1.28 seconds. You really shouldn't be missing any. As for the ACCOLC code, it won't change the ring lag. It just decides what "priority" you get. Meaning if you are in a place and time where there are a LOT of calls (think new years at midnight, or in NYC on 09/11) your phone would be given a higher priority to be able to make a call above other peoples.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:59 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
Don't set it to 0. That is reserved for government agents and emergency services. The FCC will kick you in the balls if you use it.
Hahahaha!! That's classic. I am going to add this to my tips thread. Thanked.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Mamahnita is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Mamahnita Send a message via Skype™ to Mamahnita

Now that is cool
Old 12-06-2009, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ..
Carrier: ..

shadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I find it funny how many people do things without checking facts... 0 or 1 are about the lowest class you can get...

To quote a spec: Ordinary cellphone users have numbers in the range 0 - 9. Higher priority users are allocated numbers 10 to 15 [1]. During an emergency, some or all access classes in the range 0 - 9 are disabled. If the overload condition continues, mobiles with access classes level 10, 11, then 12 and so on may also be disabled by the operator.

Normally it should match the last digit of your phone number and for the most part isn't used any longer.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

esoteric1311 is keeping up the good workesoteric1311 is keeping up the good workesoteric1311 is keeping up the good work

I get an enter password when I tried to edit. Any thoughts?

Freshhhh.. 1.0
Clear as a Bell theme
Old 12-06-2009, 09:03 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoteric1311 View Post
I get an enter password when I tried to edit. Any thoughts?
You need your msl code. You will have to call sprint for it. Unless someone wants to make an msl grabber like baffles did for the TP
Old 12-06-2009, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

esoteric1311 is keeping up the good workesoteric1311 is keeping up the good workesoteric1311 is keeping up the good work

Thanks.. I must have missed that somewhere....

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero