PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 06:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nuffstylez is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help! Reboot Loop, S-On PCIMG36 Not Working, what next.

Hi, got a serious that I can't figure out, on day 8 with no change. Here's the details
SUPERSONIC EVT2-3 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-2.16.0001
MICROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-2.15.00.00808
Mar 8 2011, 17:02:15

The phone is unrooted. This is my sisters phone and I took out the battery without turning off the phone. (I do it all the time with my touchpro2, will never do it again!) I put my SD card in and turned it back on and now it's in a reboot loop. It starts up, shows the white screen with the htc EVO 4G then reboots to the same thing over and over. I could get into the bootloader. I tried all of the options. Recovery just goes to the white screen again with the htc evo 4g logo and starts the reboot loop. I did clear storage, and when it reboots it starts the loop too.
I tried loading the PC36img.zip file to a formatted sd card and the phone reads it but doesnt give me any prompts to install or anything, it just goes to the regular bootloader screen, and recovery still doesn't work. I tried loading some shipped roms but I think Im on the latest rom so it won't let me install any roms because I'm not rooted. I get an error 140 -bootloader version error. What else can I do? I am so stressed over this and my eyes are killing me from all of the seaching. I tried setting up sdk and adb but couldnt get it to work and don't think it would read my phone cause it won't start up to set up the usb debug mode. I tried renaming a rom pc36img seeing if the phone will read it. Please help me. Im out of options.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: Help! Reboot Loop, S-On PCIMG36 Not Working, what next.

try rooting it from bootloader (havent tried)
[ROOT] EVO 4G Gingerbread 2.3 Root Tutorial - xda-developers

did you try this ruu
RUU_SuperSonic_GB_Sprint_WWE_4.53.651.1_Radio_2.15 .00.0808_NV_2.15_release_209995_signed
Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe
Download RUU_SuperSonic_GB_Sprint_WWE_4.53.651.1_Radio_2.15 .00.0808_NV_2.15_release_209995_signed.exe for free on Filesonic.com
MD5 Checksum: 3770977C6549E810743EF963FE15D2B2
SHA-1 Checksum: 459F8A58C0A039531FEADD412353428C8939306C

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 12-14-2011, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Still_Waters_43 is a n00b

I had the reboot loop this week. The clear all data and then recover worked for me. As a bonus, I am now getting two days battery life (woohoo! It looks like you may have tried this though, so!....
Old 12-14-2011, 02:39 AM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Two days battery on a evo? I never had that when i owned one.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:55 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Two days battery on a evo? I never had that when i owned one.
Thanks for the history lesson

@OP-if you're on a stock, non-rooted device that is looping then you're most likely looking at a trip to a Sprint store. You can try to root it like Karl suggested but if that doesn't work you really don't have any other options.
And for the record I've taken my battery out without turning the device off hundreds of times. I seriously doubt that has anything to do with your issue.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:05 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nuffstylez is a n00b

okay, I just tried karl's method and the recovery tool won't find the phone. It just says waiting for device. I think it's because i cant load the phone up to turn on debugging mode. I also tried the 4.54.651 rom (current rom im on) and it loaded up and went through the whole process but same thing. I also found the right PC36IMG file and but it on the sd card and it found it and loaded it up but still same thing. For the driver I have MY HTC. Is that right, fastboot will find the phone with this driver. I also tried the android boot interface driver but neither the tool or fastboot will find the phone. I also tried the UnlockBootloader thing from HTCDEV. But when I get to step 8 to enter the command, the phone gives an error.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:09 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

By now I would have taken the phone to Sprint to get fixed, especially if your not rooted, no reason not to take it in and let them deal with it and fix it. How are you charging the battery for it if it won't charge in the Evo, with your TP2?
Old 12-14-2011, 05:21 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nuffstylez is a n00b

I did take it into the store but they said it has water damage. but never had water damage. The phone charges the battery just fine. No problems with that. From what I read, I think the boot file is corrupted but I can't load a new one. Why is it when I load a factory RUU, it doesnt load the new boot and recovery file to get the phone working again.

Last edited by nuffstylez; 12-14-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Sorry about that I thought your OP said charge not change, man I was wondering how you was charging the battery lol, I'm not blonde but guess I had a blonde moment.

I agree with the above statement and don't think you taking the battery out while the phone was on did this, as I and many others have done the same thing hundreds of times.

What kind of computer are you on? What version of windows are you running? Did you make sure you had your antivirus turned off? Have you tried to run the ROM/RUU from another computer? Have you tried other usb ports?

Sorry if I missed it, but can you get into recovery? If so have you gone in and wiped factory, cache, dalvik, tried reformatting your sd card and making sure to only have the ROM/RUU file on it while trying to flash the phone?

That's all I can think of as of right now.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:54 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nuffstylez is a n00b

LOL, blond moment. I took a break today from the phone. My eyes were killing me with all the researching and troubleshooting. I am on a windows 7 x64 laptop with no antivirus. I also tried another laptop running Windows XP sp3. I can get into the bootloader mode with the fastboot and the recovery option but since the phone is locked S-on, I can't do too much. I don't know how to run a Rom/RUU from the SD card. I tried but can't get it to work. I feel if I could get it to unlock using the HTCDEV method, I could get the phone to work.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G