PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 wm6.5 & HTC EVO 4G w/ Synergy RSL1 Rom
Carrier: Sprint

scoot0073 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can i wipe my SD Card on Evo 4G?

i got alot of stuff on my sd card from previous apps n roms..
when i got tha Evo 4g from Sprint it already had some folders on tha sd card
a Android folder and some others..

Can i delete everything on tha sd card ?
Old 10-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Can i wipe my SD Card on Evo 4G?

Your best bet is to make a back-up of the sd card so if you do happen to mess something up then you can always put those files back on the card and then be good to go. I don't know if your planning on rooting the phone or not, but it's always a good idea to make a back-up of the sd card and if rooting to create a nandroid so that you can save those wimax keys in case you do something to them, that's if you even care about 4G.

While I'm bored and babbling lol, you have two ways to make that back-up of the sd card, one is to hook up the phone and connect as a disk drive and then copy and paste to a place on your computer, second way is if your rooted to do it through recovery usb.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

@ KIOWA69

Yea im rooted u help me root my Evo about 4 weeks ago and running Synergy RSL1 ROM that u recomended ..lol..but anyways thanks for yr help again

And another guy told me that i should move my nandroid to my Pc then i could delete everything and that when i reboot tha Evo android will place back tha folders to my SD card that it needs..
sent from EVO 4g runnin Synergy RSL1 Rom
Old 10-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Haha sorry bro I have a bad memory, and with selling my house, starting a new job and trying to buy another house my brain is fried lol.

So what's the issue that you are wanting to wipe your card? Trying to partition it? I'm not for sure if you wipe the card and stick it back in if it will rebuild all of those folders, I have never tried that but as long as you nandroid you can always flash back to that if you need to if something goes wrong.

Have you ventured to flash any other roms or just sticking with Synergy? Below is a link to a great ROM that I have been running lately, a Mod named Riley turned me onto it, very stable and snappy, don't believe that I have ran into any issues with it, check it out and see what you think if you are interested in flashing another ROM.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM](10-19-11) SNS Gingerbread v1.9,OTA 4.53 Sense 1.0, CIQ removed, Quick Settings
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

not really an issue... just i got so crap like 20 something folders on it from previous apps..and i dont know what folder is good and what folder i can delete..

i cut n paste everything from my SD Card to a folder on my laptop.
then im going to put back the folder name Nandroid back to SD Card and restart tha Evo

im runnin a Rom called "Recharged" i think its by MikMik.. been runnin it for about a week now and it does have some f/c issues and tha dev is aware of it but in all its a very nice Rom i like alot but tha f/c issuse's is probally going to cause me to move on.. ill try that Rom u just posted n give it a try..
Old 10-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Android Soldier

Yeah I hear you, and the only way I really know what I'm supposed to have on my card and not is to do a fresh install of a ROM and then watch what programs put folders on my card after I have installed them.

Yeah I ran r3charged for a while and it's a pretty decent ROM, just gets laggy after a while for me since it's 3.0 and our phones are not great at running those ROM's. With that ROM you need to partition your sd card and if you use titanium to restore apps, make sure that your only restoring your apps and their data and nothing else. Also make sure your doing a clean install, use a superwipe program and then go into wipe and wipe user data 3 x, cache 3 x, dalvik 3 x, that's what I do and don't have issues.

About the last thing I can suggest is to go any program that's giving you FC issues and clear it's data through the application manager. I don't know what size SD card you have, I have a 16GB card that I got at Best Buy for like $45 and have loved it since I can store multiple nandroids, a lot of music, pictures, ROM's and titanium back-ups on the card, plus I still have the stock 8GB card that came with the phone that I kept and if I decide to get rid of the phone I'll slap that back in and take my 16GB card out and put into whatever new phone I get.

That ROM that I posted the link to above is still running great for me, although I'm tempted to flash to something else just because I'm bored, but no issues with it what so ever and it's snappy, actually he came out with an update to it but I have updated as it's just an update for a new rosie he put in the ROM.

Last edited by KIOWA69; 10-23-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yea i wiped tba SD card and rebooted tha pbone and it put back tha folders that it needs on there.. then i d/l that. Rom and the wipe tool he offered and did tha 3x wipe for each and then flash tha wipe.zip then flashed tha rom..this rom is very snappy and i noticed that i had like 218mb free after da flash which was a plus... But to me it feels like its missing something or something is diff than tha roms i used prev..not sure what it is. Mayb its tha Sense ver. Tha i noticing is given dis rom a diff feel and look..lol..but im to ready to move on or back to Synergy RSL1 Rom. His is my favorite sofar just hate that his leaves me little to none free mbs ..heck i had to uninstall ot of stuff like Scens/live wallpapers/widgets/and apps that i didnt care to have just to install custom boot animations that he offers...that was a pain..lol..

ReCharged Rom ..i loved tha black n green look.. i liked tha phone n txt dark look buttons..everything worked.. it was alittle slimmer at around 198 mbs after flash.. after a week or so i started to notice a little lagging..flippin threw tha diff windows left to right started to get sluggish..when i enabled tha 3D Home screen effect it was a cool thing it did but tha sluggish/lagging got worse to tha point i had to disable it.. after a week i started to get fc's..2 of them was apps that i restored from tb so i uninstalled them and reinstalled them and they stoped.. the other fc i kelpt getting was something like system/android/error idk what that was it only did it about every 2 days but i noticed when it bib it it would have a hard time reloading my Home Screen..like when it reloaded tha home screen tha wallpaper was there but would take forever to load tha apps icons... But at tha 2 week mark it started to reboot on its ownand then get stuck n boot loops and would have to do a battery pull to get it booted back up..thats really what killed it for me..

So i guess im gonna go back to Synergys Rom RSL1 FAT Rom..lol..lol

sent from EVO 4g runnin Synergy RSL1 Rom
Old 10-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Android Soldier

Yeah I hear you. The SNS Rom has Sense version 1 so that's the difference, don't know why the Dev's have gone back to making ROM's with that version of Sense besides the fast that it's more stable and quicker. I again agree that I really like the look of recharged but don't like the lag/fc's/reboots you get with it, but it was nice to try it out for a while, have to satisfy that flash addiction once in a while lol. I liked Synergy Rls 1 but didn't like the version of mail it had, for some reason it would error out on me every time I tried to reply to an email and make me go through my email settings, but the weird thing is that I never changed any of the settings but after I went through them it would send the email, something about it being an imap account, gmail worked fine from what I can remember. I'm on SNS still and everything's working great and no issues with email so I'll probably run it another couple of days and then nandroid to one of my back-ups just for something different.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G