PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

incredible1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Voice command with the EVO and Jawbone Icon

Just jumped ship from Touch Pro to EVO. I’ve had the phone about 24 hours and love it!
Is there a app (Like Microsoft’ Voice Command) that works well with the Jawbone Icon headset, EVO and gives hands free voice dialing, caller ID and other commands?
Old 01-14-2011, 01:31 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Voice command with the EVO and Jawbone Icon

Evo does have voice dialing..albeit extremely basic. My dad uses the icon with his Evo and while it gives you basic voice dialing and will open certain apps on the phone, it will not give caller ID natively. I'm not aware of any stand alone apps that do, but I could be wrong.

What I mean by basic, I mean you say the name such as "call jim on mobile" and it just dials. There is no confirmation prompt which sucks a$$.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

For the Voice Dial to work reliably you MUST have your contacts in Gmail.

I wish it had confirmation too. I keep saying Yes to it regardless

Also update Voice Dialer from Market.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIA
Carrier: SPRINT

jgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuff
Smile Re: Voice command with the EVO and Jawbone Icon

I use VOICE SEARCH (by google) to make calls, text, give me directions, even call phone numbers that are not in my list, like my favorite restaurant and make reservations...

The first time you use it, it also gives you a demos of all you can do and how to do it... FANTASTIC... simply the best way to do the voice dialing...

There's also VLINGO, which is pretty cool. Give it a try
Old 01-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Vlingo works pretty good. I have the icon also and I use the stock voice command the most especially after the latest update. You can tell it several commands like "navigate to disney world" and it will open up turn by turn navigation. It will even type a text for you by you saying the words.
You should check it out. If the evo had noise canceling it would be even better.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 01-14-2011, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by incredible1 View Post
Just jumped ship from Touch Pro to EVO. I’ve had the phone about 24 hours and love it!
Is there a app (Like Microsoft’ Voice Command) that works well with the Jawbone Icon headset, EVO and gives hands free voice dialing, caller ID and other commands?
Vlingo is great and so is Tell2Me
Old 01-14-2011, 11:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

I use google voice and it works but I would not call it Great.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:14 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I still don't understand the need for 3rd party apps to make such basic...and needed...functions to work. Even my wife's old LG Lotus (which bit the dust and now is using my old Palm Pre) does voice dialing like a pro. I'm at such at a loss for words that I could just.....get a bowl of oatmeal and call it a day, till playoff's start at 4:30 then my day will re-begin.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

In cases like this, we have to be sure the angst is finding its way to Sprint/HTC. You may think your "one small voice" in the wilderness does little but au contraire. I recently left manufacturing. We developed yield management equipment for the food processing industry. Since we seldom heard back from our customers, we assumed they were all happy.
When we woudl get an Email of letter, it was passed around to all the powers that be, board room meeting were held and action items were listed. It became a crises!!!
I would have to point out that it was only once customer in thousands but maketing felt that one customer probably represented a majority. The belief was that is they took the time to contact us, they were really unhappy.
I would call around and survery a small base and sure enough, it was an issue.

The point being is that very few make direct contact so when you do, it really counts!
Old 01-16-2011, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

studentjunk is keeping up the good workstudentjunk is keeping up the good work

I use jawbone icon with choice dialer. I tried several of the above and thought it was the best. Most important to me is audio confirmation. Vlingo was being updated a lot when i tried it out, so it's probably better than when I used it. I ended up buying and keeping choice dailer.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G