PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What have you done or what are you going to do?
back to 2.1 24 13.41%
sticking with 2.2 148 82.68%
dont know and dont care 7 3.91%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010, 02:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
Who's Going or gone back to 2.1 after trying 2.2? Am I all alone?

I went with froyo with the first custom ROM. Then again with cyanogen when it came out. Each time going back to 2.1 becasue bugs and stability. When the offical came out i figured this was going to be good.

After a short time I went back to 2.1 and am happy again. While it's not perfect I feel its better than 2.2 at the moment.

Am I all alone?
Who else is back with 2.1?

All the custom ROM builders have basicly stop development on 2.1 and switched to 2.2.

Very weird. Am I missing something? just look at the bug reports here and even more here and how many of the issues have no workaround. This is the reason i left Windows Mobile years ago.

I have watched the boards for a while and haven't seen anyone really going back.
PDA's I've owned/used in order... (retentions loves me)... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rogerwalker22 is just getting started
Re: Who's Going or gone back to 2.1 after trying 2.2? Am I all alone?

I'm not going back, I love the full flash way to much.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

That first thread you listed was for the accidental leak of 2.2 that HTC said NOT to install.

Everything seems to be just fine on mine, but after I installed 2.2, I wiped everything fresh and started over. I didn't try to upgrade and keep data or settings, nor did I backup and try reinstalling.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

CuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to CuzinBucksBx

I wish I could go back just to root my phone but don't worried about me. Getting a replacement this monday
Old 08-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was seriously going to go back, I was about to flash a nandroid backup and decided to just wipe cache and davlik. I went back to check if that helped my phone and it was night and day. I dont think I will go back to 2.1 anymore, everything seems to be the same to me, so why not have the latest if it works for me.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul>Touch>Touch Diamond>EVO 4G>Samsung Galaxy S3

clo821 is becoming a great contributor

Yes, you're all alone

In all seriousness, I have upgraded to 2.2 stock and everything performs great.
The only issue I can confirm is this but it's not a major deal breaker for me as you can edit events on
the mobile google calendar page.

Last edited by clo821; 08-08-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Evo4G
Carrier: sprint

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The first thread if you read was mostly operator error and he admitted that don't know why they stickied it because in the end he fixed the problem's he caused. most were caused by his use of spare parts. 2.2 is working very well for me follow instructions. The other issues are with apps not being ready for 2.2 you have to wait for developers on that. I have seen a couple of issues patients in the name of the game 2.2 is still new.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

burnsm91605 is a n00b

I went back because there is no real work around for Slacker radio, yet. The only current fix available helps the audio quality, but causes Slacker to stop streaming mid song half the time.

I'm sure once that has been fixed, I will go back to 2.2, though. It's just a deal breaker for me right now.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I never thought about going back why would anyone want to? Makes me think your bugs are self inflicted.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:06 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Im not going back but will definitely be loading a rooted ROM as soon as it becomes possible.

CW

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G