PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 03:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Statement on Unofficial 2.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by knarfl1 View Post
Makes sense to me. Who better to do UAT than hundreds if not thousands of active Android/Evo enthusiasts. They know forums will light up with bug reports.

Assess bugs and feature requests reported, fix/add what they can in few days, then push gold.
Except the weird thing is .6 has the same exact bugs as .3. If they actually fixed some of the issues and .6 was running better, I might be annoyed, but for now it is basically the same exact thing.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO / TP2

blackte4 is becoming a great contributor

Question..... I see other android phones can revert back to 2.1 using the old hboot and install the PB31IMG... So can we do the same?
Old 08-04-2010, 07:10 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

No.. the phones that were able to revert back still had root. We installed the rooted version of .3
Old 08-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

Hmm..I took my phone to the corp store near my house but they were of no help. Called a few other nothing. I had heard of a couple of success stories of people being able to get rolled back.

I just called Sprint Technical Support, they were very nice, but had no info on the firmware issue. After explaining, the tech called HTC's technical support. HTC was told (by Sprint) to send people to a main (corp) store and they could roll the software back. I said thank you and turn my attention back to Sprint (the tech was still on the phone with me). She was very helpful in locating another corp store not far from my work.

We called and they said to bring the phone in and they would return the phone software to the version that was on the phone when I bought it. I asked if they had special software...he said YES. He said they have rolled back other phones (though I am not sure if they have done one with this version of software). I am taking it in tomorrow to have them attempt it.

BTW, while speaking to HTC they said while they are working on a fix... there is still no ETA on it.

If I can get it rolled back I guess I will have to decide if I want it rooted or not.

Wish me Luck!!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: HTC Statement on Unofficial 2.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by laythy View Post
i guess the are using one of those for rollback?

http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Supersonic/
Have you had any success rolling back?
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
Old 08-05-2010, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by laythy View Post
i guess the are using one of those for rollback?

http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Supersonic/
I personally tried each one of those for the slight chance. Problem I ran into is that the bootloader was the wrong version and or any attempt would error out claiming my version was newer when trying other methods.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

stas333 is keeping up the good workstas333 is keeping up the good work
HTC update on "unofficial" update

HTC: If you who installed an unofficial update on EVO last week, we working on a simple, effortless solution. Please bear with us a bit longer. (facebook)
Old 08-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: HTC update on "unofficial" update

like what i said on their facebook PAGE "HTC dropped the ball on this 2.2 update. they should had made it full update, that made you erase everything on your device and start from scratch. Google backs everything important up anyways..... because they didnt, allot of people are having LOTS of problems"
Old 08-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

stas333 is keeping up the good workstas333 is keeping up the good work
Re: HTC update on "unofficial" update

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoware View Post
like what i said on their facebook PAGE "HTC dropped the ball on this 2.2 update. they should had made it full update, that made you erase everything on your device and start from scratch. Google backs everything important up anyways..... because they didnt, allot of people are having LOTS of problems"
i agree

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G