View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 07:43 PM
searcher61
Regular 'Geeker

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Statement on Unofficial 2.2

Hmm..I took my phone to the corp store near my house but they were of no help. Called a few other nothing. I had heard of a couple of success stories of people being able to get rolled back.

I just called Sprint Technical Support, they were very nice, but had no info on the firmware issue. After explaining, the tech called HTC's technical support. HTC was told (by Sprint) to send people to a main (corp) store and they could roll the software back. I said thank you and turn my attention back to Sprint (the tech was still on the phone with me). She was very helpful in locating another corp store not far from my work.

We called and they said to bring the phone in and they would return the phone software to the version that was on the phone when I bought it. I asked if they had special software...he said YES. He said they have rolled back other phones (though I am not sure if they have done one with this version of software). I am taking it in tomorrow to have them attempt it.

BTW, while speaking to HTC they said while they are working on a fix... there is still no ETA on it.

If I can get it rolled back I guess I will have to decide if I want it rooted or not.

Wish me Luck!!