PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 03:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Boost :)

Mentis Imperium is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Evo 4g on Boost Mobile MMS problem

Well here is the situation... I have my evo 4g unlocked and flashed to be on boost mobile. I recently changed roms to the OMJ rom... Everything works perfectly except my outgoing MMS messages never get delivered. Everything else works including incoming mms and text messages, web, gps, phone...

Is it possible that one of the settings are off? Anyway to check this?

Thanks for any help in advance

Dan
Old 07-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

alando is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to alando Send a message via Yahoo to alando
Re: Evo 4g on Boost Mobile MMS problem

I usually change the MMS Server and that does it. For HTC Windows Mobile Phone its a RegEdit change. We can figure out how to change that setting on Android system. Lets brainstorm.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

reprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It is definitely the MMS server. Boost uses a different server from Sprint and it is more than likely not authenticating through the Sprint server.

The only solution I can see is for you to somehow get your hands on the stock HTC Messaging app and essentially create a Boost Mobile messaging app with the Boost mobile settings already installed then you would have to install that apk over your ROM or just include that apk in a personalized ROM for yourself using a kitchen.

It would be best to talk to the chefs about this... maybe OMJ might be able to help you out.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Boost :)
Threadstarter

Mentis Imperium is a n00b

I appreciate the help guys... The rom i was using prior to this was the Fresh rom...MMS worked fine on that rom but my phone was freezing a bit too much.. The OMJ rom seems to have corrected that now i just need to figure out whats up with the MMS problem. Maybe i will send OMJ a PM and see if he has any thoughts on the situation
Old 07-16-2010, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

phillyboi6829 is keeping up the good workphillyboi6829 is keeping up the good workphillyboi6829 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to phillyboi6829

Wow props on getting the evolution on boost. I had no idea that you could even do that.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It's not possible LEGALLY.

There is nothing to "unlock".. It's a CDMA device unlike the GSM counterparts. The MEID is in the provider's library and thus allows them to use or not use it. This phone is not 'locked' to any provider. That's why it's possible to take one w/ a bad ESN and activate it on Cricket or MetroPCS.

Further, there is no "flashing to boost".. boost doesn't use proprietary software that would be available or compatible with the EVO so there is yet another misleading statement. Sprint phones (that are allowed on boost) just work on boost without any flashing or 'unlocking'. If the OP purchased this device this way or paid someone to do something to this device in order to make it happen, my bet is the seller did something illegal. For the record, I'd check the MEID on the sticker inside the phone, compare it to the MEID on the box AND compare it to the MEID that's coded in the software on the device. I'd bet $100 they don't ALL match.

Further, when you attempt to enter the EVO's MEID into the Boost system it returns an error "incompatible plan type" and the system allows the CSR to go no further. This happens whether you attempt to use Boost's Customer service or attempt to go through Sprint's "Back door"..

The OP must have gotten something done to the phone that's illegal for this to happen.

Please see this thread for reference. I am a moderator over there and I can tell you I delete at least 2 threads a week where people are claiming that they were able to get the EVO on Boost. It's not possible (legally).. absolutely not possible in any way, shape, or form.

IF you'd like your own proof, there are a TON of EVO's on flea-bay for sale. Get the MEID of any (or all) of them and attempt to get them migrated in, swapped in, or whatever approach you'd like to use.

I'll put my first born on the fact that it will not happen. Sprint does not allow it's MVNO's to use the MEID/ESN's from it's "exclusive" devices (Palm pre/pixe, hero, EVO, etc) ..

I hope this helps

--DM1975
Old 07-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

NY_TJ is just getting started
Exclamation Re: Evo 4g on Boost Mobile MMS problem

"It's not possible LEGALLY."
"The OP must have gotten something done to the phone that's illegal for this to happen."

Are you the forum police? Obviously people have been known to do things that are quite spurious to their phones....The OP in no way mentioned anything HE did that was illegal, but is merely looking for any information fellow device users may have.

*To all others* Watch what you say, this guy might "drop-a-dime" on you.

Last edited by NY_TJ; 07-17-2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: oops
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_TJ View Post
Are you the forum police? Obviously people have been known to do things that are quite spurious to their phones....The OP in no way mentioned anything HE did that was illegal, but is merely looking for any information fellow device users may have.

*To all others* Watch what you say, this guy might "drop-a-dime" on you.
No dime dropping at all. The point I was trying to make was his claim is not legally valid. Nothing more and nothing less.

Further, if HE was ill informed about how the device came to be activated on Boost HE should check into the legality of such activation.

Some people are easily taken advantage of.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

NY_TJ is just getting started
Lightbulb Re: Evo 4g on Boost Mobile MMS problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
No dime dropping at all. The point I was trying to make was his claim is not legally valid. Nothing more and nothing less.

Further, if HE was ill informed about how the device came to be activated on Boost HE should check into the legality of such activation.

Some people are easily taken advantage of.

The "drop-a-dime" was more tongue-in-cheek than anything.
The point I was making is this: If this OP has ever used a PPC, or at least browsed the forums either here or other well known smart phone sites, he SHOULD know the legality of what he is claiming.

If he in fact DOES have his EVO on boost, I say bravo! I am sure he is a big boy and knows that he risks having his service canceled, and he is throttling his device on boost. If that is what he is into - more power to him.

Legally valid or not he has a specific question he is looking for help on - and isn't that the entire point of sites like this?
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: andriod
Carrier: andriod

drig is just getting started

Get your msl from cdma workshop demo version,it will read it.dial##3282# go to edit mode and put in msl numbers that you have,go to advanced then mms server url.type in http://mm.myboostmoble.com reboot phone your good to go!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...light=msl+code
This post has been thanked 5 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G