PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 06:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz
Re: Evo= Another crippled htc device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
What do you care about 3d gaming? you're using Windows Mobile. Even if you were using an HD2, which you're not, I'd laugh at you for talking about gaming. Believe me, I know because I've used WinMo for years. EVO gaming is fine and it still beats out older htc devices. Navigating the interface is super slick... nobody even knew about the framerate cap until some hacker dug into and outed it. The cap isnt restricted because of hardware either. If it was such a big issue, we'd be returning our EVOs don't you think? We aren't because the experience is still amazing.
I definately agree, your phone isnt a gaming device. I too play quite a few games and have had no issues with mine. If you want a good gaming device there is a laptop specifically made for gaming coming out. It looks promising.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

edub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Haha, another Apple employee. Yo, how much is Steve Jobs paying you guys? Let me know so I can get paid too. Lol, it's funny how people who doesn't have the phone can sit here and make judgment on a phone they never used or had. I had the iPhone and I still have an iPod and many other HTC high end phones and this one works flawlessly, It does everything I want it to do. I play games on it and had no issues.

My opinion on this thread and many threads like this is that the Evo must be one hell of a phone if people have to dig and find invisible isht to complain about it. If you seen anything wrong with the games thats because most of them are ports from the iPhone and has nothing to do with the Evo itself. Some games even ask you to purchase something from the App store in some games I played. This will def. change soon, since android is growing soo fast.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:00 AM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP

Quote:
What do you care about 3d gaming? you're using Windows Mobile. Even if you were using an HD2, which you're not, I'd laugh at you for talking about gaming. Believe me, I know because I've used WinMo for years. EVO gaming is fine and it still beats out older htc devices. Navigating the interface is super slick... nobody even knew about the framerate cap until some hacker dug into and outed it. The cap isnt restricted because of hardware either. If it was such a big issue, we'd be returning our EVOs don't you think? We aren't because the experience is still amazing.
Your damn right!

And I am surprised you didnt get more "Thanks" for expressing simply what it boils down to...

Last edited by xweaponx; 06-16-2010 at 11:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have a 360 & PS3 to play games...I'm just sayin tho
Old 06-13-2010, 10:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

+1 buy a device designed to play games, with that said I have Nova on my EVO and it plays fine. Little heads up its called a PSP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj.iscool View Post
I have a 360 & PS3 to play games...I'm just sayin tho

Droidrox39
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The OP says he want's his/this phone to play games and be like the iphone. I'm sure there's an AT&T store near him that would be glad to rape and pilliage his bank account. What in the world is this world coming to though. I play games here and there to occupy time and have fun, but when it comes down to whining about how a phone might or might not play 3D games flawlessly is just assinine. Instead of whining/worrying about it, get out and do something productive.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
The OP says he want's his/this phone to play games and be like the iphone. I'm sure there's an AT&T store near him that would be glad to rape and pilliage his bank account. What in the world is this world coming to though. I play games here and there to occupy time and have fun, but when it comes down to whining about how a phone might or might not play 3D games flawlessly is just assinine. Instead of whining/worrying about it, get out and do something productive.
Your avatar is perfect for this thread.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 06-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

I can play 3D games fine and with fluidity. How are you judging a phone without even playing with it, let alone holding it?

Pretty soon we are going to get threads like.....
The Evo is crippled because it doesn't have a glass back like the iphone!
The Evo is crippled because the kickstand should have been the color red!

I don't understand. People are trying really hard to find any type of fault in the Evo.
The phone has a 4.3 inch screen, does that mean I'm going to get rid of my 65" tv? No. The phone plays 3D games well, does that mean I'm going to get rid of my Xbox? No.

In the end, its a phone. Something we have when we are on the go. I love gaming, don't get me wrong. But that is why I have a Xbox!
Old 06-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Fenixjn...thanks!
Old 06-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

Quote:
oh lawd my good sure i couldn't agree more
it seems like everyone is looking for flaws in the phone its pretty amazing how everyone was hyping it up just to talk it down, guess its true "they set you up to knock you down"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G