PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM
Carrier: Sprint

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo Tips, Tricks and anything I find useful. Will update. Updated 6/7/10

Getting the MSL from the first post using aLogCat doesn't work on the Evo. You can let it log for as long as you want, and the MSL is not captured.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Threadstarter

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
Getting the MSL from the first post using aLogCat doesn't work on the Evo. You can let it log for as long as you want, and the MSL is not captured.
Works for some and not for others. I know for a fact as it works for me.

PPC 6700 > HTC Diamond > HTC Hero > HTC Evo
Old 06-08-2010, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

yang88she is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to yang88she Send a message via MSN to yang88she Send a message via Yahoo to yang88she

Thanks again for consolidating all the helpful links and tips...saved me a TON of time!
Old 06-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yang88she View Post
Thanks again for consolidating all the helpful links and tips...saved me a TON of time!
Glad I could help!
Old 06-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Ive read u cant wear gloves n have response from screen ... well guess this dont apply to rubber gloves as i was using my phone today wearing some .. jus thoughtbid share
Old 06-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Re: Evo Tips, Tricks and anything I find useful. Will update. Updated 6/8/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Ive read u cant wear gloves n have response from screen ... well guess this dont apply to rubber gloves as i was using my phone today wearing some .. jus thoughtbid share
The screen uses the body's natural magnetic charge to sense screen presses, so yes you can not use gloves (unless they are thin enough to not interfere) or styles (although they do make special styles for this but I have heard they suck and they are pricey).
Old 06-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Rubber gloves i was wearing. Obviously thin enough but not as thin as a dentist or dr would wear. A hair thicker but disposable rubber they were. I admit the flow was still smooth n accurate wearing them
Old 06-08-2010, 07:05 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfuzion View Post
The screen uses the body's natural magnetic charge to sense screen presses, so yes you can not use gloves (unless they are thin enough to not interfere) or styles (although they do make special styles for this but I have heard they suck and they are pricey).
How come screen protectors work but wearing gloves doesn't?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Re: Re: Evo Tips, Tricks and anything I find useful. Will update. Updated 6/8/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
How come screen protectors work but wearing gloves doesn't?
Because a screen protector is like .4mm thick where as gloves are like 4mm thick or more.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2010, 10:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, soon EVO

Kingtut18 is becoming a great contributor

Also another way of getting your MSL, if you activated online at Sprint.com/activate near the end of the activation, if will give you a 2nd 6 digit code, one time 6 digit code, MDN and MSID.

The 2nd 6 digit code is your MSL.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G