PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 09:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Working Confirmed Swype with Picture Guided Instructions (Best EVO Keyboard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
Ya the EVO is 400x800, and glad you liked
Evo is 480x800
Old 06-13-2010, 10:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

poetik is a n00b
Re: Working Confirmed Swype with Picture Guided Instructions (Best EVO Keyboard)

After owning a hardware keyboard for 4 years I was very unhappy with having to use the onscreen keyboard of the evo. Now after installing swype, I feel that this program turned one of the evo's biggest weaknesses (in my opinion) into one of it's greatest strengths.

I can honestly say the evo is absolutely amazing now. After using swype I don't see how I could ever go back to the basic way of typing out messages. This is something everyone should at least give it a try for a couple days to see how they like it.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetik View Post
After owning a hardware keyboard for 4 years I was very unhappy with having to use the onscreen keyboard of the evo. Now after installing swype, I feel that this program turned one of the evo's biggest weaknesses (in my opinion) into one of it's greatest strengths.

I can honestly say the evo is absolutely amazing now. After using swype I don't see how I could ever go back to the basic way of typing out messages. This is something everyone should at least give it a try for a couple days to see how they like it.
I don't need it, the stock keyboard works great for me
Old 06-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

poetik is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj.iscool View Post
That's great, I'm glad you found something that works for you. As for me the stock one was being really unresponsive. I was reading a few threads on changing the calibration on it so I'm sure that would have helped a lot. After downloading swype I'm just too happy with this program to even try calibrating the stock one. Not only that but I can do the same exact thing I could do with swype that I could do with a normal keyboard. I can even send a text in landscape mode without having to press back.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Wont install for me. I get the message "There is a problem parsing the package" . Tried it a few times .. even deleted file n dl again .. any1 know what a man can do to get it to work
Any1 know whats the deal ? I followed the instructions which r by no means difficult to follow
Old 06-13-2010, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

HTC_nut is a n00b

where do you download it from?
Old 06-13-2010, 11:26 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC_nut View Post
where do you download it from?
bottom of first post
Old 06-13-2010, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

HTC_nut is a n00b

lol thanks I blew right by it
Old 06-13-2010, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

HTC_nut is a n00b

pretty sweet app, definitely saves time. thanks!
Old 06-13-2010, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 20th Touch Pro

brokestudent12 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj.iscool View Post
You told us that already, 25 minutes ago . . . in this same thread.

Glad it works for you, some of us don't settle for mediocrity though, just because it works doesn't mean there isn't something better available.

Swype is better.

The stock keyboard works, it does. Those big arse arrows get on my nerves though, no likey mikey.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
keyboard, swype