PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

brownmc7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrownmc7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrownmc7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy !! Evo on Permenant Sleep!!!

Hmmmm......Spent all night just to get the Evo just the way I wanted it, set the alarm in like an hours to get ready to go to work, and to my surprise alarm didnt go off, luckily I got kids. So i picked up the phone to see whats wrong, and the phone wouldnt turn on. Anybody else with this problem? Or am I the lucky 1 out of 100,000 sold?
Old 06-05-2010, 09:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: !! Evo on Permenant Sleep!!!

Did you try pulling the battery?
Old 06-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey

battery dead?
Old 06-05-2010, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

brownmc7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrownmc7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrownmc7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yup tried pulling the battery. still plugged in, no power or charging light.....this is a very sad day for me. will be visiting best buy when the doors open.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmc7 View Post
yup tried pulling the battery. still plugged in, no power or charging light.....this is a very sad day for me. will be visiting best buy when the doors open.
Don't take it too seriously. We're all on a countdown to permanent sleep, your phone (and hopefully many more phones) just beat you to it. It's not important at all, you'll resolve it.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Pretty sad a brand new phone already giveing problems... Very very sad
Old 06-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey

aww man, that sucks
guess there would have to at least be a bad phone outta the batch
hopefully there isn't more!

but it would be something if everyone woke up to their evo being found dead...
*knocks on wood* lets hope not :P
Old 06-05-2010, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Unhappy Re: !! Evo on Permenant Sleep!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Don't take it too seriously. We're all on a countdown to permanent sleep, your phone (and hopefully many more phones) just beat you to it. It's not important at all, you'll resolve it.
I rather put mine to sleep than it take its own life...Hopefully bb will just switch it out painlessly (is that a word) without me having to show out. Thanks for your help ,
P.S - The wake is at 9:50 if anyone wants to mourn and burial is 10:10.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker

reprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You should try doing a hard reset on the phone. I'm sure there is a way via button pressing to just factory reset the phone. It might even be as simple as holding down the volume down key and pressing the power button at the same time. Do some research on it. If Best Buy is sold out you might have a harder time.

Just so we understand the full scope, did you root or install any programs on your phone? I'm sure we are all interested in this.

sent via Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2010, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Nope didnt root, got some programs from the market. But i did do an update from htc through the phone that seemed suspicious . I been thinking that might of been it, it was like 13 megs. but whatever the case I WILL get another one ( by any means necessary). From a smaller town, hopefully they wont be sold out. If not will take a trip to sprint.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo, htc evo, sleep