PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 09:43 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: "FIRST" Evo Commercial!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evo View Post
I think the point of the commercial was to evoke "interest" in the phone and make people go, "Hmmm ... what's this??? Let me check this out!".

Wow! As I'm writing this, here's the commercial again on NBC!
I understand what they're doing, and it's a great ad, but I just hope they make a more phone specific commercial.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380
Carrier: Project Fi

marctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

the commercial was wack. ad companies want to dumb down viewers by all this whizbang cgi graphic crap. they spent more time on how cool to make the commercial than to actually talk about the phone..

ya know what i like.. den hesse standing there telling ME about the 30 day policy on sprint.. that makes me feel good and makes me want to spend money with his company. hes not hiding behind a curtain.. hes in front of you.. tangible... just like the allstate commercial. they treat you like a mature adult and not a little child who needs gimmicks and comedy to sell you something (geico/progressive).

what i want to see.. someone showing me what the phone does... not how a object can knock down a space shuttle...
Old 06-02-2010, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Dr. Evo is keeping up the good workDr. Evo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
the commercial was wack. ad companies want to dumb down viewers by all this whizbang cgi graphic crap. they spent more time on how cool to make the commercial than to actually talk about the phone..

ya know what i like.. den hesse standing there telling ME about the 30 day policy on sprint.. that makes me feel good and makes me want to spend money with his company. hes not hiding behind a curtain.. hes in front of you.. tangible... just like the allstate commercial. they treat you like a mature adult and not a little child who needs gimmicks and comedy to sell you something (geico/progressive).

what i want to see.. someone showing me what the phone does... not how a object can knock down a space shuttle...
You completely didn't get it.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

NCHEVYHEVN is keeping up the good workNCHEVYHEVN is keeping up the good work

Wow, it was actually really good.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: "FIRST" Evo Commercial!!!

Quote:
You completely didn't get it.
Point proven. You just didn't get the commercial.

It's the "FIRST" 4G cell phone in America! Not the world by the way.
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
Old 06-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff

I like how fast the time switched from 10:54am to 10:55am at seconds 29. On my Touch Pro2, it is so laggy, but then again, thats the Sense UI on a 528MHz processor for you!
Old 06-02-2010, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Dr. Evo is keeping up the good workDr. Evo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintb View Post
Point proven. You just didn't get the commercial.

It's the "FIRST" 4G cell phone in America! Not the world by the way.
I guess those little details don't matter much. People will know it's the first they've seen here one way or the other.

But, yes, the commercial is just meant to stir up some interest. Sprint doesn't have five minutes to talk about what's so great about this phone. In 30 seconds, they have to woo us into becoming interested in the product. There are several phones out that sound like they are just like the Evo. If Sprint spent the 30 seconds talking about the processor and screen size and running on Android, most people would be like, 'My Droid has the same features'. They wouldn't be interested beyond that. By Sprint making the commercials like this, they make a person want to do some investigation, and by doing that they'll see how different and revolutionary the phone really is. I think after launch we will start to see additional commercials that are reminiscent of the Verizon Droid commercials.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

^Pretty good explaination to me. ^

Old 06-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Cool Re: "FIRST" Evo Commercial!!!

Quote:
I guess those little details don't matter much. People will know it's the first they've seen here one way or the other.

But, yes, the commercial is just meant to stir up some interest. Sprint doesn't have five minutes to talk about what's so great about this phone. In 30 seconds, they have to woo us into becoming interested in the product. There are several phones out that sound like they are just like the Evo. If Sprint spent the 30 seconds talking about the processor and screen size and running on Android, most people would be like, 'My Droid has the same features'. They wouldn't be interested beyond that. By Sprint making the commercials like this, they make a person want to do some investigation, and by doing that they'll see how different and revolutionary the phone really is. I think after launch we will start to see additional commercials that are reminiscent of the Verizon Droid commercials.
Agreed, that is a genius answer I must say.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
I like it, but it doesn't pay any tribute to the fact that it's the most spectacularly spec'ed phone on the market.
I'm totally with you on this. Yeah the commercial is verry cool, but they literally mention nothing about this phone's specs except 4g... They could have been like "Literally the best phone on the market. Look it up"
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G