PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 11:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
YouTube Uploader Error on Evo 4G

As many of you saw in the other thread, I was right away able to upload a video to YouTube. After that, I installed some software from the Marketplace. Nothing that I installed jumps out at me as something that would cause this problem, but here is what pops up now when I try to upload a video to YouTube:

Sorry! The application My Uploads (process com.google.android.apps.uploader) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Does anyone know what would cause such an error? Does anyone know how to "hard reset" this device? I can't find anything in the manual.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: YouTube Uploader Error on Evo 4G

Not sure what the error is related to, but hard reset is similar to WM HTC devices:

From a powered off state (totally off, not standby) hold the volume down button and press power. As the device boots, hold Vol down until you see a screen with Fastboot, Recovery, Clear Storage, etc, options. Use Vol down to scroll to clear storage and use the power button to select. Follow on screen instructions.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
As many of you saw in the other thread, I was right away able to upload a video to YouTube. After that, I installed some software from the Marketplace. Nothing that I installed jumps out at me as something that would cause this problem, but here is what pops up now when I try to upload a video to YouTube:

Sorry! The application My Uploads (process com.google.android.apps.uploader) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Does anyone know what would cause such an error? Does anyone know how to "hard reset" this device? I can't find anything in the manual.

Oh's no's! Not an error!! ZOMG What will we do? Unlike you mr. braggy pants, I don't have my phone yet
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
Old 06-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D

ubigred is becoming a great contributor

^^ Lmao

^ Replace Tmo Wing with Sprint 700 Palm
Old 06-01-2010, 09:17 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Shit dude, it's bricked. Send it to me and I guess I will trade you for my TP2. You're totally getting the better end of the deal though.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:04 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Shit dude, it's bricked. Send it to me and I guess I will trade you for my TP2. You're totally getting the better end of the deal though.
lmao nice
Old 06-02-2010, 05:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Okay, here's what I figured out. I reset the Evo, and had the same issue, before I reinstalled anything but a file manager, and I tried several, one at a time. I was using a file manager, and the choice for YouTube was there, but kept crashing the same as before. However, stuff uploads just fine from the Gallery screen, so in the end, it's not really an issue of any importance.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G