PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   YouTube Uploader Error on Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123035)

TheBundo 05-30-2010 11:20 PM

YouTube Uploader Error on Evo 4G

As many of you saw in the other thread, I was right away able to upload a video to YouTube. After that, I installed some software from the Marketplace. Nothing that I installed jumps out at me as something that would cause this problem, but here is what pops up now when I try to upload a video to YouTube:

Sorry! The application My Uploads (process com.google.android.apps.uploader) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Does anyone know what would cause such an error? Does anyone know how to "hard reset" this device? I can't find anything in the manual.

bedoig 06-01-2010 07:52 PM

Re: YouTube Uploader Error on Evo 4G

Not sure what the error is related to, but hard reset is similar to WM HTC devices:

From a powered off state (totally off, not standby) hold the volume down button and press power. As the device boots, hold Vol down until you see a screen with Fastboot, Recovery, Clear Storage, etc, options. Use Vol down to scroll to clear storage and use the power button to select. Follow on screen instructions.

Biofall 06-01-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBundo (Post 1782910)
As many of you saw in the other thread, I was right away able to upload a video to YouTube. After that, I installed some software from the Marketplace. Nothing that I installed jumps out at me as something that would cause this problem, but here is what pops up now when I try to upload a video to YouTube:

Sorry! The application My Uploads (process com.google.android.apps.uploader) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Does anyone know what would cause such an error? Does anyone know how to "hard reset" this device? I can't find anything in the manual.

Oh's no's! Not an error!! ZOMG What will we do? Unlike you mr. braggy pants, I don't have my phone yet :(

ubigred 06-01-2010 08:50 PM

^^ Lmao

Cicatrize 06-01-2010 09:17 PM

Shit dude, it's bricked. Send it to me and I guess I will trade you for my TP2. You're totally getting the better end of the deal though.

freeza 06-02-2010 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicatrize (Post 1786232)
Shit dude, it's bricked. Send it to me and I guess I will trade you for my TP2. You're totally getting the better end of the deal though.

lmao nice

TheBundo 06-02-2010 05:39 AM

Okay, here's what I figured out. I reset the Evo, and had the same issue, before I reinstalled anything but a file manager, and I tried several, one at a time. I was using a file manager, and the choice for YouTube was there, but kept crashing the same as before. However, stuff uploads just fine from the Gallery screen, so in the end, it's not really an issue of any importance.