PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 11:46 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: $449 question and plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
10/24 ended tonight (as an option not for people that already have it) so thats out...lol

CW
Damn, well I guess my rep was telling me the truth a few weeks ago when she said it wont be available for much longer. But she has been very good to me in the past so I shouldn't have doubted her.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; A6277 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17 Sprint APA6277KT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo
I'm sure I'm not the only one who will try to do an online ESN switch with our SERO accounts. Probably won't work though. I don't really care about 4G, doesn't work here yet anyway, and it's fast enough for me in 3G on the road or WiFi at home
I tried that when I got my Hero and it ask me to change the plan. I guess it doesnt hurt to try.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

ekim524778 is a n00b

ok, as time gets closer i still need some help. missed the darn 10/24 cause i dialed the wrong number and got its a holiday lol.. thoughts on whats next?? still on sero, phone pre-ordered at radio shack, not upgrade eligible until 9/10 so will be paying retail (don't mind that). just don't want to be stuck with paying retail and paying for a high plan , since SERO accts. don't work lol. heard 99$ plan is pretty good but you cant get any work discounts on it. Can you use the Employee referral plans and get discounts?
Whats the difference between the next plan down and the 99$ plan? Im sure if sprint wants people off the SERO plans they will try to discount you some where ...
Old 06-02-2010, 08:31 PM

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim524778 View Post
ok, as time gets closer i still need some help. missed the darn 10/24 cause i dialed the wrong number and got its a holiday lol.. thoughts on whats next?? still on sero, phone pre-ordered at radio shack, not upgrade eligible until 9/10 so will be paying retail (don't mind that). just don't want to be stuck with paying retail and paying for a high plan , since SERO accts. don't work lol. heard 99$ plan is pretty good but you cant get any work discounts on it. Can you use the Employee referral plans and get discounts?
Whats the difference between the next plan down and the 99$ plan? Im sure if sprint wants people off the SERO plans they will try to discount you some where ...
The difference with the $99 is that it gives you unlimited anytime minutes. The 69.99 plan and the 89.99 plan give you 450 minutes and 900 minutes respectively, with everything else being unlimited like data, text, navigation ect.... But the cool thing is that both those plans also gives you mobile to any mobile so depending on who you call you wouldn't be using that many anytime minutes anyway. Like me and my girl for example, we have a shared plan and we use 4000 to 6000 mobile to any mobile minutes in any given month but we only average about 400 minutes per month calling land lines. So if you call primarily other mobile phones or receive calls from mobile phone then the 69.99 plan will suit you just fine.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

ekim524778 is a n00b

cool thanks for the info muffinman, i kow majority of people on mobile phones anyway. i may get the 79.99 + 10.00 evo charge, that would put me 89.99, then try to get work discount and that may put me around 69-79 (5-10$) more than old plan.
You think i should change my plan now or wait until evo is in hand?
Old 06-02-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
cool thanks for the info muffinman, i kow majority of people on mobile phones anyway. i may get the 79.99 + 10.00 evo charge, that would put me 89.99, then try to get work discount and that may put me around 69-79 (5-10$) more than old plan.
You think i should change my plan now or wait until evo is in hand?
Well its actually 69.99 + 10.00, as far as changing your plan I would just wait and do it when you get the phone. I guess it wouldn't really make a difference either way.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
What concerns me is Radioshack might not be able touch your SERO plan, even to change it. I went to a Sprint store few days ago to discuss possibly changing my eligibility on my SERO account and she said she is very limited on what she can do with SERO accounts. She said something about she can't even touch it. Now maybe Radioshack can call sprint for you and make the plan changes, I'm just not sure. I've had a very hard time with my SERO account trying to get help with all channels except SERO customer care. If you are truely determined to get the EVO, why not make the plan change the day before over the phone ? (tomorrow)

I don't see why they would renew a 2 year contract on you if you're paying retail on the phone.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G