PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 06:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ekim524778 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
$449 question and plan

ok heres the deal. i have a pre order at RS for the Evo. Currently Im on the 49.99 SERO plan, and i know i have to change my plan... Also im not eligible for an upgrade until Sept 15 2010. I dont have a problem with paying retail for the phone. My questions is what route should i take as far as plan and or any discounts and when should i do the changes.? I heard about the 10/24 option and the $70 credit for renewing contract, etc.
Im eligible to be a S Premium customer, just havent placed the called yet. Im thinking about getting $99 plan, and try to get one of those corporate discounts , i know of the 25% off one, may try to get more info on the 27% off one (someone pm me the company that gets 27% off) .
When i change my plan will they extend my contract? if they do that i may as well terminate my current contract and pay the term fee and just get evo for 199$.... cause i will still be a premium customer and can upgrade annually...
Just want some thoughts on what routes i should take.
thanks
Old 05-31-2010, 07:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; A6277 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17 Sprint APA6277KT)

You will have to change to the $69.99 plan with 450 min and free mobile to mobile. When it comes to the discount, you will have to find someone/somehow to add Citi Grp 27 %. I used www.sprint.com/chat to get mine added.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: $449 question and plan

I'm sure I'm not the only one who will try to do an online ESN switch with our SERO accounts. Probably won't work though. I don't really care about 4G, doesn't work here yet anyway, and it's fast enough for me in 3G on the road or WiFi at home
Old 05-31-2010, 07:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; A6277 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17 Sprint APA6277KT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo
I'm sure I'm not the only one who will try to do an online ESN switch with our SERO accounts. Probably won't work though. I don't really care about 4G, doesn't work here yet anyway, and it's fast enough for me in 3G on the road or WiFi at home
I tried that when I got my Hero and it ask me to change the plan. I guess it doesnt hurt to try.

Last edited by Vertigo; 06-01-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:45 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim524778 View Post
ok heres the deal. i have a pre order at RS for the Evo. Currently Im on the 49.99 SERO plan, and i know i have to change my plan... Also im not eligible for an upgrade until Sept 15 2010. I dont have a problem with paying retail for the phone. My questions is what route should i take as far as plan and or any discounts and when should i do the changes.? I heard about the 10/24 option and the $70 credit for renewing contract, etc.
Im eligible to be a S Premium customer, just havent placed the called yet. Im thinking about getting $99 plan, and try to get one of those corporate discounts , i know of the 25% off one, may try to get more info on the 27% off one (someone pm me the company that gets 27% off) .
When i change my plan will they extend my contract? if they do that i may as well terminate my current contract and pay the term fee and just get evo for 199$.... cause i will still be a premium customer and can upgrade annually...
Just want some thoughts on what routes i should take.
thanks
You can't get any corporate discounts on the simply everything plan, you will need a cheaper plan.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

cadfael is a n00b

Why wouldn't the corporate discount apply to the simply everything plan? I didn't think there were any plan limits.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:29 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadfael View Post
Why wouldn't the corporate discount apply to the simply everything plan? I didn't think there were any plan limits.
I don't think it will apply to the $99 plan because it is an unlimited everything plan. If you go with the 450 or 900 everything data you can use the corporate discount. Thats just how it is. Even if you get a rep that says you can do it, once they put it in the system it wont stick.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

By the way, I am kind of on the same boat as OP. If I try to do ESN change online, I would be able to change plan right away? Do I need to get in touch with CSR, or is it all "one click" operation, to change plan and get Evo activated?
Old 05-31-2010, 11:31 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

10/24 ended tonight (as an option not for people that already have it) so thats out...lol

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by warchild View Post
10/24 ended tonight (as an option not for people that already have it) so thats out...lol

cw
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G