PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 10:53 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Re: Evo root is here. UPDATE 5/26/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus_del_marko View Post
no, the only phone to get 2.2 officially was the nexus. you evo guys will have to wait at least 3 months to get it i read. well that's unless a port comes sooner.
Android is not like winmo, if you have a leaked rom, that rom can only be used and updated for that specific device. To create roms all you need is aosp or source. They have not released aosp for froyo yet and they can't take the nexus rom to make evo roms. All rooted people will get froyo just as soon as everyone else because evo is already rooted and devs are sitting around waiting for Google to release the source to create evo froyo roms.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-26-2010, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

markus_del_marko is just getting started
Re: Evo root is here. UPDATE 5/26/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
This isn't winmo, we don't need any ui interface

amen brother, i hate sense. aosp style is fine by me.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Android is not like winmo, if you have a leaked rom, that rom can only be used and updated for that specific device. To create roms all you need is aosp or source. They have not released aosp for froyo yet and they can't take the nexus rom to make evo roms. All rooted people will get froyo just as soon as everyone else because evo is already rooted and devs are sitting around waiting for Google to release the source to create evo froyo roms.

this i know as my hero already has a semi port of froyo. its no where near daily functional but it's a step in the right direction. they cannot do too much more until they release the source code and that's gonna be awhile yet.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Bay Area Boss
Threadstarter

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
this i know as my hero already has a semi port of froyo. its no where near daily functional but it's a step in the right direction. they cannot do too much more until they release the source code and that's gonna be awhile yet.
Somebody on xda posted a link to where Google said it would be released next week but I can't find it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Somebody on xda posted a link to where Google said it would be released next week but I can't find it.

really because i thought i read like 2-3 months?
Old 05-26-2010, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

crownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
no, the only phone to get 2.2 officially was the nexus. you evo guys will have to wait at least 3 months to get it i read. well that's unless a port comes sooner.
i hope it does but i read some where that the evo was going to be the concentration on getting the update quickly since sprint had alot riding on this phone and it would be a great look to both companies...........

so this has to go through htc and sprint before we get it?(damn shame)
Old 05-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Bay Area Boss
Threadstarter

Quote:
really because i thought i read like 2-3 months?
Without aosp HTC can't create roms either, but we all know Google leaks it to them early but they will never say that.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
1. We’re still working on making the root ’sticky’. The current root doesn’t persist beyond a reboot, meaning you need to root it every time you reboot the device.
2. We want to package up the rooter in an easy-to-install, one-click application so we’re not holding people’s hands through adb shell.
3. We don’t want to give HTC any details that they could use to fix the hole before the official release.
4. We want to make sure that when Froyo is released on this device, we can still get root on it.

#1 is the only real technical challenge left, but we’ve almost cracked it. Stay tuned for details.
All they have to do is write a custom bootloader. Or mod HTC's one. Won't take long now, root will be the hardest part.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Bay Area Boss
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester95 View Post
That's the update I posted

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G