PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo root is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
So, what does this superboot do for us? If they are releasing a new one...
Maybe for devices that are out in the wild already?
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 05-25-2010, 11:54 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post
Maybe for devices that are out in the wild already?
Don't they still need the rest of the package? Unless they are familiar with adb.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:01 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

That superboot that I posted doesn't do anything, its just for show unless you're with the team that rooted the evo. They have the rest of the package. That superboot will be full on June 4th, I will update or create a new post
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-26-2010, 02:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Is there a user manual on pdf anywhere yet? The one for the TP2 was available for some time before the device was released
Old 05-26-2010, 07:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So I am guessing as soon as we get the Evo, we should disable OTA updates?
Old 05-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Bay Area Boss
Threadstarter

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanee View Post
So I am guessing as soon as we get the Evo, we should disable OTA updates?
Anybody who is rooted will not get ota updates unless they are rooted but running stock rom and stock bootloader. If you are running a custom rom (which I'm sure everyone here will want froyo, so that means a custom bootloader and custom rom) ota updates will not be sent to your phone.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Is there a user manual on pdf anywhere yet? The one for the TP2 was available for some time before the device was released
Found this purported "developer's guide" on google docs:
http://docs.google.com/View?id=dhtsnvs6_57d2hpqtgr

Haven't seen a user manual leak out yet...
Old 05-26-2010, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Anybody who is rooted will not get ota updates unless they are rooted but running stock rom and stock bootloader. If you are running a custom rom (which I'm sure everyone here will want froyo, so that means a custom bootloader and custom rom) ota updates will not be sent to your phone.
Thanks. All this info is helpful for me as I prepare to dive into the android world.

How would one go about reverting to stock? Would there be any reason to?

I guess we could just load up the released 2.2 build (whenever it comes out) as if it were a custom - just curious...
Old 05-26-2010, 12:04 PM
Bay Area Boss
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc View Post
Thanks. All this info is helpful for me as I prepare to dive into the android world.

How would one go about reverting to stock? Would there be any reason to?

I guess we could just load up the released 2.2 build (whenever it comes out) as if it were a custom - just curious...
its not hard, i actually just figured this out this weekend as i had to flash back to stock to get the froyo update on my nexus. You flash the stock recovery image, then flash stock rom, then wait for ota update or 99% of the time the official ota update will be packaged into the form of a zip rom a week or 2 before the update hits your phone so you can flash the rom from your sd card weeks earlier, but you have to be back to stock before you're able to flash the updated rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work

well aslong as we get the latest sprint ruu file all you need to do is just run the ruu and that will take the phone back to 100% stock

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G