PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Epic
Carrier: Sprint

strickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good workstrickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to strickly_ppc670
Re: HTC EVO 4G /Supersonic HANDS ON!!!

I agree- AMOLED would have been nice to cap this as the latest and greatest.
Honestly, 8 meg camera, 4.3 screen( bigger is better, right) and 4G. I could careless what OS it is running. Other than I will have to learn to cook with Android-
that seems to be moving its Official OS quite frequently. All in all- a great move from my TP1. More functions less limitations- WM7- Has a while to grow up. Being in ATX with 4G also helps. Sign me up!
----------Priceless ----------
Old 03-25-2010, 10:45 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
You live in San Antonio, TX which has 4G already..consider yourself convinced!
Yup this is a big plus. I'm already leaning toward it I just need a push and it seem like I'm getting ready to tip over. We'll see when this launches if Palm has made any more progress if not I'll probably jump over when my upgrade kicks in in June.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Not having a AMOLED screen is a BIG let down for me since I've been using one for a couple of weeks now and learned to appreciated the vivid colors compared a TFT one. But oh well, I'll still be getting it until at Sprint releases another 3.7"+ 1GHz phone that has a AMOLED capacitive screen

Old 03-25-2010, 02:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Their biggest thing would be educating the average consumer...you know what 4g and the specs on the phone are but most people don't..they really gotta get their marketing division and show this phone running circles around everything else.
I think that is already happening. Sites like CNET and Engadget are going absolutely gaga over this phone... Can't ask for better publicity than that.

Then again, it's not unheard of for Sprint to mishandle and drop the ball on marketing.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:28 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
I think that is already happening. Sites like CNET and Engadget are going absolutely gaga over this phone... Can't ask for better publicity than that.

Then again, it's not unheard of for Sprint to mishandle and drop the ball on marketing.
Sites like CNET and Engadget goes people with some "understanding"..considering the release date they should aim at the iPhone people who's contracts are about to expire..

I mean many urban places complain about iPhone and 3G..well I am sure they will be interested in 4G that works.

They need to do things like apple does and give out free phone to celebs and places like "daily show" and "Colbert report" and access media that common people access.

But they also gotta outline the features better..did you see the banner ads on Engadget the ones with a spinning EVO...lame...its so fast you can't even see whats going on..maybe it suppose to dictate how fast the phone connection is but whats the point if its too fast for me too see...the first time I saw the banner it made me think "spam" filling up the screen lol

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-25-2010, 05:35 PM
VIP Member

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

I mean many urban places complain about iPhone and 3G..well I am sure they will be interested in 4G that works.

They need to do things like apple does and give out free phone to celebs and places like "daily show" and "Colbert report" and access media that common people access.
I think urban people who complain about 3G are mainly complaining about coverage.... With 4G being so new, it'll be even worse. I don't think that's the angle Sprint should aim for. 4G Coverage will be the weakness not strong point.

But I agree about taking a page out of Apple's book. Say what you want about Apple, but they know how to put out memorable commercials (or at least hire an advertising agency that knows how).
Old 03-25-2010, 06:40 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
I think urban people who complain about 3G are mainly complaining about coverage.... With 4G being so new, it'll be even worse. I don't think that's the angle Sprint should aim for. 4G Coverage will be the weakness not strong point.

But I agree about taking a page out of Apple's book. Say what you want about Apple, but they know how to put out memorable commercials (or at least hire an advertising agency that knows how).
4g coverage is gonna be better then 3g.. wimax is pretty cheap to deploy and more reliable then 3g..1 base tower would be enough to grab an entire city...just may need a few extenders to prevent dead zones here and there, otherwise it should be robust.

since clearwire partnered with so many cable providers sprint should just give 6month - 1 year free cable on the phone just to get people interested in 4G areas
Old 03-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

too bad its not winmo, what is the best way to tether on a Android device pdanet?
Old 03-25-2010, 06:50 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
too bad its not winmo, what is the best way to tether on a Android device pdanet?
Sprint will include a MIFI app for tethering with the supersonic

here is a few comparisons:

http://smarterware.org/4575/how-to-t...-android-phone

there are others out there
Old 03-25-2010, 10:47 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
4g coverage is gonna be better then 3g.. wimax is pretty cheap to deploy and more reliable then 3g..1 base tower would be enough to grab an entire city...just may need a few extenders to prevent dead zones here and there, otherwise it should be robust.

since clearwire partnered with so many cable providers sprint should just give 6month - 1 year free cable on the phone just to get people interested in 4G areas
The operative word is "gonna". I was thinking of the initial roll-out and how Sprint was going to do marketing. Eventually 4G coverage will be better but I don't think they'll be there by this summer.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic