PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 11:38 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: All Things Root

here's another source of good info...

http://androidforums.com/all-things-...rooting-q.html
Old 05-25-2010, 08:10 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
I will add them. I turned ppcgeeks onto tapatalk, so I know all about it.
Not sure about widgetpack, since it comes with sense...does it still work?
Androidmate - since froyo has built in apps2sd, and most people like advanced task killer, it really only is useful fro one of them, no?
you know, i guess i never thought bout htc sense...nor have i played w/ 1 so not sure bout widgetpack and your right bout androidmate...(believe you need to be rooted) so if thats the case then most will run froyo, so if it does have the build in apps2sd then you might as well just install astro file manager.

but i did read sumthing the other week bout how its not "good" on android to use a task manager to "kill all apps" as it is w/ win mobile...i'll try to find the link on that.

so no need to add em to your post, no need to get it mixed in w/ the more sensable apps

EDIT: ok here is the link that i found explaining why its not much a good idea to use task killer, very interesting as we are all used to using 1

Last edited by kjhadfield; 05-25-2010 at 08:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
you know, i guess i never thought bout htc sense...nor have i played w/ 1 so not sure bout widgetpack and your right bout androidmate...(believe you need to be rooted) so if thats the case then most will run froyo, so if it does have the build in apps2sd then you might as well just install astro file manager.

but i did read sumthing the other week bout how its not "good" on android to use a task manager to "kill all apps" as it is w/ win mobile...i'll try to find the link on that.

so no need to add em to your post, no need to get it mixed in w/ the more sensable apps

EDIT: ok here is the link that i found explaining why its not much a good idea to use task killer, very interesting as we are all used to using 1
Excellent info, will be updating the first post soon.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey MordyT check this out: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=122507

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 05-26-2010, 01:08 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixjn View Post
Yep, thanks!
Old 05-26-2010, 01:21 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
I will add them. I turned ppcgeeks onto tapatalk, so I know all about it.
Not sure about widgetpack, since it comes with sense...does it still work?
Androidmate - since froyo has built in apps2sd, and most people like advanced task killer, it really only is useful fro one of them, no?
android mate is an easy apk back up as well, for those who don't like searching through the file explorer.
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-26-2010, 03:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

What about Notes in WM? How can they be converted, and is there a similar program in Android? Some of my most important data is in Notes, and to manually re-type it would be a difficult issue to deal with
Old 05-26-2010, 10:05 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
What about Notes in WM? How can they be converted, and is there a similar program in Android? Some of my most important data is in Notes, and to manually re-type it would be a difficult issue to deal with
I doubt there is a similar program, and not to be rude, but I don't see why anyone would put important data in Notes.

There are, however, better programs. I love Color Note for android. It takes great notes, you can change the color of the notes, you can have checked list items (great for shopping), and it's fast. Oh, and free.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Re: All Things Root

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
I doubt there is a similar program, and not to be rude, but I don't see why anyone would put important data in Notes.

There are, however, better programs. I love Color Note for android. It takes great notes, you can change the color of the notes, you can have checked list items (great for shopping), and it's fast. Oh, and free.
+1 for colored note, also with colored note you can make your notes Widgets on the home screens.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2010, 10:21 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
+1 for colored note, also with colored note you can make your notes Widgets on the home screens.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
Haha, yeah. Color Note is one of those Android apps where I'm like "This is too awesome...why is it free?"

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G